Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant find my public playlist from another account

Solved!

Cant find my public playlist from another account

againHello I have a public playlist and I my friends can’t find it when they search for the name or look for it in my profile

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone , laptop

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It shows that it has been marked as public and it now shows on your profile under public playlists, so users should now be able to find it simply by searching for the name of it or your profile

View solution in original post

13 Replies

It could be that your playlist was created as a secret playlist. Open the playlist on the Spotify app and click the three dots in the top right. In that menu, you should see an option that says "make public." Clicking that should allow anyone to access your playlist! 

Hello! Actually my playlist is public and collaborative, as I made it with a friend.

I still can’t find it when entering to my Profile (how other people see it) or when searching for it by name

You could try sharing it by its Spotify uri, just click on the three dots, then share, and from there you can either copy the link directly!

This is not a solution as my friend works in a bar and he always plays the playlist. When people ask for the playlist he cannot be sending url to everyone. This problem has been going on for years, isn’t it possible to find a solution?

@paz-urruty do you have the playlist uri? I'll look to see if it is flagged as public on your account? 

It looks like you only have 1 public playlist right now

https://open.spotify.com/user/paz-urruty/playlist/5rYVCQMVip4RFKpj5JO3pB?si=oI2CkhnyQF6UT-0E4MFirA&n...

Yes of course, I am trying to attach the url to this message but I can’t 

Sorry @paz-urruty, I read over the fact that it was collaborative. It is currently not possible to have a playlist be public AND collaborative, likely to prevent people from finding your playlist and sabotaging it. As soon as you set the playlist to collaborative, the public flag will be overwritten to false. Unfortunately, the only way to share it on your account in a searchable manner would be to unmark it as collaborative.

Thank you so much for taking your time to investigate and give a solution to my problem. I just removed the Collaborative flag of my playlist. I’ll attach the uri now. Hope it appears public now, as I still cannot see it. https://open.spotify.com/user/paz-urruty/playlist/5rYVCQMVip4RFKpj5JO3pB?si=QAAxDinDQae-Xn0mc35cFQ

Marked as solution

It shows that it has been marked as public and it now shows on your profile under public playlists, so users should now be able to find it simply by searching for the name of it or your profile

A small note, Spotify can only be used for personal purposes, use in the bar is not allowed. It is necessary to read and use the terms of use.

If a playlist is public and is not being played from my personal account, it should be able for it to be played everywhere. 

Thank you so much for your time and patience!!

Suggested posts