Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Connection dies after about 30 seconds of play

Car Connection dies after about 30 seconds of play

When I am in my car, I connect my iPhone 6 (running ios9) to my car with a USB.  I know it's connected properly because it charges while plugged in.  I choose USB from stereo options and Spotify will play for a bit, then shuts off and the error message in my car says "Cannot read from USB device - check connection" and again, am obviously connected as my phone is charging.  Help. 

4 Replies

Have you tried playing Music from other Music Apps/iTunes and does that work? maybe you just need to restart your phone... that usually helps with me. hope this helps.

Hi Michael, 

I will try to run a different music app and see what happens.  I just have everything on Spotify so it'd be horrible if I have to make a switch.  I'll re-start my phone to see if that helps.  I'll update as soon as I can on this.  Thank you for your suggestion. 

No Problem. 🙂 Best Of Luck.

I have rebooted my phone and double checked connections.  I have used used both Pandora and iHeart radio and both of those work fine.  I am a premium user on Spotify so I am not sure what else the trouble could be.  Any guesses here?

Suggested posts