Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car stereo (Kia Ceed 2013) loads iPod app on next/prev and kills spotify via USB - works with A2DP

Car stereo (Kia Ceed 2013) loads iPod app on next/prev and kills spotify via USB - works with A2DP

Hey,

is there any way to successfully use spotify with a car stereo via USB? It plays fine as long as I don't touch the controls on the steering wheel, but next/previous song kills spotify and starts up the iPod app. It works great with bluetooth, but I would like to charge aswell (and connecting via USB deactivates A2DP 😞 ).

Is there way to intercept the signals of the Dock Connector and rewire them to Spotify? My iPhone is jailbroken, so any hints on that matter would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Exact same problem with my Sony BT4007U. Deezer works fine though.

Hope they fix that on the next update!

In my case I can leave A2DP on while charging but the quality is much better through USB...

You were right - Deezer works!

Since it's clear now that this a problem fixable by Spotify, and other posts suggested that they were not going to fix that problem anytime soon, I cancelled my subscription and switched. Thanks, I liked it so far.

Great news! 🙂

Just tried using the Tunigo app via the car stereo USB and the track info shows up correctly on the display and i can skip songs just fine!

Its a nice alternative until spotify implements this in ther official app...

Tunigo also has some advantages like sleeker ui, clear cache option and its great for discovering new songs and playlists.

Only disadvantages for me is that it doesn't have a "add to queue" option and i cant access my local files.

Hi, I have just collected my Kia Ceed SW today and the Iphone 5 works via USB and ASDP...  I have tested the next/Prev and all seems to be OK...  Is there a way to check the firmware on you Kia? my Iphone 5 is at ISO 6.1.3 & Spotfy App 0.6.42.

As I had a problem with my old Fiat Bravo and needed a Firmware Upgrade...

Regards

Suggested posts