Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 11 pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

in the last 2 days my device no longer engages car view when I plug it (via usb) into my 2018 Mazda cx 5. I used this setting all of the time prior. Looks like this occurred after the 8.6 update.

i checked the settings for car view and I confirmed it is still enabled.

it does say that it allows car view when connected to blue tooth. It wasn’t connected to Bluetooth prior to this because I was using the usb cord. My car doesn’t allow my phone to be connected via usb and Bluetooth at the same time via CarPlay.

Thanks. 

7 Replies

Hey @cberglind,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try connecting your phone to the car via Bluetooth without  using a USB cable to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response, I want to hold on the reinstall, because it will take a long time to redownload all of my offline songs.

when I tried to connect via Bluetooth only, car view works as normal. But I can’t use CarPlay at all because it requires the cord.

i tested again today and noticed that I can can get car view to work while connected via usb ONLY if I open the Spotify app within CarPlay. Not from the phone. This seems odd and annoying to have to do. It wasn’t working this last week prior to the latest app update.

thanks.

Hey @cberglind,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for sharing that info.

We understand that it can take some time to re download your content, but we highly recommend running a clean reinstall when you can as it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

In the meantime, could you try connecting a different mobile device and let us know if this behavior persists?

It would also be helpful if you could try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone to check if that makes any difference. This will help us narrow down the possible cause of this issue.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same problem, car view suddenly stopped working, I’m connected via Bluetooth to my car and it worked fine until recently when it stopped. I tried two devices iPhone XS Max and iPhone 12 Pro Max none helps. I also tried deleting the app completely based on your steps from the link above still nothing. What’s going on with car view? I see a lot of people have the same problem not just me. For all of us it suddenly disappeared. I understand you’re launching your car device but don’t disable the car view for us please. Premium user from Serbia here

Hi there @politicarka,

Thank you for your post in this thread and for letting us know the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you do make sure your app and devices’ software are up-to-date?

Another useful step to try is to restart your car (by turning the ignition off then on again).

Also, can you try to connect it through something else except bluetooth to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Everything is up to date. Yes, I've tried restarting the car. I don't have any other entry except of Bluetooth in my car, and it worked through Bluetooth perfectly well, till recently, so that is not the problem. 

Hey @politicarka

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We wanted to let you know that we've passed the info you provided us with on to the right Spotify team. They're already taking a closer look into the issue.  

Once they've completed their investigation we'll get back to you here in the thread so stay tuned.  

Thanks!  

Suggested posts