Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CarPlay Missing Stations Radio

Hi,

I am missing my Radio Stations from my CarPlay user interface in my 2017 Macan and 2018 Jeep. And the only way to access my Stations is in the Recently Played menu.

I have asked Spotify support but they recommended I ask the support community. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Chris

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Just a friendly bump 🙂

...still wondering if everyone using Spotify with Carplay is getting all of their radio stations in a spearate menu or do you have to go to recently played?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi. In new Acura TLX, there is no option for Stations in CarPlay Your Library section.  You can do directly on phone, of course, but that's against the whole point of CarPlay. Also, we need a simple way to create a new Station on fly when we hear something we like. -John

All of my stations are gone too and I recently started using Apple CarPlay with spotify. I wonder if using carplay nukes your radio stations? I just had a useless chat with customer support and they did confirm that several customers are affected by missing stations. I can't see my saved stations in iOS, CarPlay and not even the windows desktop app.

Me: seriously? please confirm that spotify removed the saving of custom radio stations
Me: I know how to play radio stations I had several saved that I used all the time. WHY ARE THEY GONE
Harvey R: Yes. The ability to create a radio from playlists and albums has disappeared for some users.

This is still getting looked into. I'm afraid there is no time frame on when this feature will come back, but rest assured that our tech folks are working hard to get this resolved.

So far, my stations are still available in the iOS and desktop apps. I just can’t access or create them directly in either CarPlay or Google Home Hub. 

I think I found a pretty good workaround for the "Stations" option missing from CarPlay.   On this desktop app, in Settings, make sure "AUTOPLAY" is on.

Then go to Your Library, Artists, and choose the last song in the list of songs for the artist on whom you want to base a radio station.  Make sure "Shuffle" is off.  Either listen to that song, or hit the "next song" arrow, and you should have a 20 song playlist based on that artist (with several songs by that artist, of course, often the very next song, so don't be discouraged since you can't see the playlist).  On the phone itself (still hooked to CarPlay), it shows that I am playing "Artist Radio", which is what I want.  I have not listened to all 20 songs yet, but it seemed a good mix based on the initial artist, and I assume 20 more songs will be added once I listed to these.

This does not seem to work from Your Libarary, Songs, which just plays the next song in your saved songs.  But it seems to work for Artists as well as Albums.  I think it should also work from the end of your own playlist (particularly "Liked from Radio").  The key is, I think, that Suffle has to be off.

Suggested posts