Announcements

CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in HELL

Highlighted

Re: CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in HELL

Casual Listener
I have the same issue in my honda civic 2016. I open spotify on carplay and click play on my playlist butbit takes me to the screen showing the play sign without it actually playing. If this isnt fixed soon i am considering moving to apple music.

Casual Listener
iOS 9.2.1 and spotify version 5.1.0.1019
Highlighted

Regular
As well as Spotify crashing constantly using the App on my iPhone I'm also having the same issues connecting Spotify to my Car music system (even if directly connecting rather than Bluetooth). I get 2-3 tracks playing ok then Spotify abruptly crashes & diverts to Apple Music. No-one at Spotify seems to want to take ownership since this last update (maybe they've been fired the gigantic rooster-up). Seems we're all about to migrate to the competitors. I will certainly be moving by the end of the month if it's not sorted as frankly a month of Spotify crashing constantly is unbearable & downright dangerous in the car.
Highlighted

Community Legend
Hi @cittauk, I've replied to you in a separate thread, however just advising that any issues you have with Spotify on CarPlay will be to do with the app crashing on your phone as well.

Highlighted

Music Fan
Fix this crap. I can't believe we have a thread of 41 pages for months to years and Spotify still hasn't fixed this.

Time to register a domain fixspotify.com

This is beyond bs!

I've happily moved to Apple Music for this reason... It's 2016, people want to use what they pay for!
Highlighted

Casual Listener
same issue for me. bought a new Honda Accord 2016 and Spotify is completely useless. Opens up to a screen that shows the play button but no music plays out the speakers. I have to disconnect my phone, close out the Spotify app, and then open it back up before plugging it back in. I switched to Apple Music as well but i really miss discover weekly... please fix this...
Highlighted

Music Fan
Www.spotifydoesntworkwithcarplay.com

These Spotify employees are out to lunch. Smh
Highlighted

Just got a 2016 civic, same problems as reported here. IPhone 6 running 9.3.1, latest Spotify app. 5.4.0.1011. When I try to launch the Spotify app, it comes up to a screen with a track screen, then freezes, or else it crashes the Audio app completely. Today the car said,"Audio not responding, do you want to force close the app?"

It would do nothing until I actually shut the Car off and restarted it. Cycling the audio power did nothing. Couldn't even switch to another audio source, the icons appeared but nothing would play.
Highlighted

Re: CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in **bleep**

Casual Listener

Same problem. Spotify open, plug into car play (car running, radio on) carplay opens, displays a track from spotify play button is available, pressing it changes to a pause button but no sound is played.

The only way to get sound again is to dig out my phone, unlock it, kill spotify, restart spotify, navigate to a playlist, hit play. I didn't have a similar problem with apple music when I tried it. 

In fairness to spotify, I don't *usually* have any similar problems with bluetooth in my mustang (ford sync) or challenger (uconnect). Of course, those systems don't let me change playlists either. And it does still happen from time to time. 😕

Device details:

iPhone 5S & 6 (iOS 9.3.3)

Spotify 5.7.0.1055

Pioneer AVIC-5100NEX

Highlighted

Re: CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in **bleep**

I've had the same issue. I've figured out that if my phone is "open" the sound works. As soon as I shut the screen off on my phone the sound goes away.
SUGGESTED POSTS