CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in HELL

Re: CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in **bleep**

Regular

I hate to say this, because I love Spotify.

But there is an iOS app called STAMP that will transfer your playlists and saved songs from Spotify to Apple Music.  

Apple Music isn't great.  In fact, it's pretty poor.  But it means I can keep driving instead of having to pull over constantly.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I have a Bose SoundTouch setup that has no Apple Music integration but does have Spotify integration. Which means I have to use Bluetooth with Apple Music, yet another app to open and connect each time.

We use Apple Music just because we always have and it's what we know. But I'd like to stop using Bluetooth to connect to my Bose setup. So I looked at Spotify and setup a 30 day Premium account as required by the Bose app. Works great. Nice and smooth. Better sound quality (nice that you can set it in the app). Better interface, better playlists etc. And to share Spotify with the family you don't have to do this BS Apple family share stuff, which defaults all iTunes purchases to my credit card, as the family organizer. Ridiculous.

And then I try Spotify in my 2016 VW GTI, and it hangs and hangs. Never did work once.

Spotify, I was about to switch, but not if it won't work in my car via CarPlay!
Highlighted

I encounter the same problem with my bran spankinng new Chevy Volt.  Spotify connects every once in a while to CarPlay (Apple, iPhone 7), but mostly, I can connect only thru the bluetooth.  Real drag!   

Highlighted

CarPlay and Spotify Not Working - Possible Solution

Casual Listener

I was having the same problem for months in 2016 VW Golf Alltrack. Drove me so mad. Had deleted the app and tried again and again (all the time logging through Facebook).. HERE'S HOW I FIXED IT!

1. Deleted ALL Spotify apps on ALL of my devices (iMac, Macbook, iphone). 

2. Made sure Spotify was deleted from icloud on iphone - Settings>General>Storage>Spotify>Delete App AND THEN - Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage>This iPhone>Show all Apps> Spotify>Turn Off

3. Restarted all devices and Installed Spotify App again. 

4. Logged in with user ID & Password (Not Facebook) on all devices

5. IT FREAKING WORKED in my car for the first time ever

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Problem is still not fixed.

When I attach my iPhone to my Pioneer F70DAB Spotify just won't start playing.

After re-connect my phone two times it works most of the time.

Pretty worthless I think.

Fix it or just get this app out of the store. It's irritating and dangerous!

Highlighted

Regular

I hate to say it as I used to love Spotify but I've switched to Apple Music.  It's not as good but at least I don't have to pull over to listen to music. 

Highlighted

Music Fan
You know, having used Apple Music now for a couple of months, I think it's
much better. I have all my own music in my iCloud library and everything
else I want. Plus the recommended playlists for you are excellent. Why
bother with Spotify on CarPlay any more.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Copy That. It only worked for me or two days before the problem returned.

I’ve switched to Apple Music
Highlighted

Such a shame but I'm in the same boat...cancelling Spotify account and swicting to apple music till the carplay issue is sorted

Highlighted

Regular

I hope someone from Spotify reads this. 

This forum sent me an email the other day congratulating me on having been a member for a year. 

That's a year with no progress on the issue, and more importantly, not a word from anyone there. I'm sure there's probably a technical issue that only Apple could fix somewhere here; but we will never know. 

SUGGESTED POSTS