Announcements
Hey! It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Check here for what to do if you're still having trouble.

CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in HELL

Highlighted

Re: CarPlay and Spotify...a match made in **bleep**

Pioneer Headunit users:

Pioneer has recently (Jan 22, 2017) released firmware for most of their CarPlay capable decks.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Downloads

In the "Fixes" section, the following notes appear:

- Corrects a virtual keyboard issue related to iOS 9.x.
- Corrects a music display issue related to iOS 8 and later.
- Minor bug fixes

I'm going to apply this to my own deck (AVIC8000-NEX) and see what happens.

I've had many of the same issues people talk about here, the one that seems to happen most is the "no audio" issue that requires a disconnect/reconnect of the phone to resolve.

I'll post back with any changes/improvements I've noticed in a few days.
Highlighted

I am having the same issues as some of the other users here. I select a track or playlist then it bombs me back.
This is not only annoying but dangerous. People will have to then start messing with their phone while they should be driving.
Defeating the whole object of apple CarPlay!!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

The update that came down to my iPhone last night appears to have improved matters.  I can now use the Albums & Artists options in the app and select either.

So far so good.

Highlighted

Music Fan

So, Amazon Music released an update to their iOS app last night which has now enabled CarPlay.

Sorted me some playlists, jumped in the car this morning and guess what? It just worked. 

I plugged my phone in, opened Amazon music on the in-car display, hit play and low and behold, it just played. Just what I'm after.

Sorry Spotify, you've just lost a customer. Don't think by any means i'll be the last either 🙂

Highlighted

I just got a Mercedes E Class. When I use car play on iPhone 7, I ask Siri to play a track and it keeps opening the Apple music app. Is there any way to use Spotify with voice commands? It all works great on Andriod Drive but I can't figure it out on Apple Car Play.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Siri can only control Apple apps. If you want the ability to ask for a song, you will need to switch to Apple Music. 

Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Pandora all work flawlessly with Carplay but Apple Music is the only app Siri can control at this time. 

Spotify? Well it just plain dosent work reliably with carplay....

You have lost another customer Spotify, Everyone else gets it, you dont... Its a real bummer too, you have the music figured out and great sound quality but your app is going to continue to drag you down.

Bye!

Regular

I just leased a Subaru Impreza 2017. So far the few times I have hooked up CarPlay and Spotify it has worked. However there are some obvious features missing. The Impreza has a very large and wonderful touch screen for playing music and interacting with the media center in the console. But all I am able to do is push Play, Forward, Back, and Pause. I cannot, Save, Favorite, Add to Playlist, nothing. So if I hear a great track from radio or a Weekly playlist compiled by Spotify, while driving, I'm compelled to do other risky behaviors like try to capture a screen cap of the tune to try and remember it later. Please add other menu options other than Play, Pause, Fwd, Back, Up, etc.

Highlighted

I have the newest version of Spotify. I've reinstalled numerous times and it hasn't helped the situation. Please add this issue to the list of problems:

SPOTIFY PLAYS SONGS SUPER FAST AND IT HAPPENS APPROXIMATELY 80% OF THE TIME. The only way to correct this is to either manually close and open Spotify directly on the iPhone or unplug the USB cord. Both are dangerous while driving. I will cancel my Spotify account if this continues as it is too annoying.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I've seen that issue a lot as well ; it's been there for a while. The song
plays in accelerated mode until you unplug and plug the USB back. This
happens when starting Spotify. Never happened to me when it's already
working.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

At my F70DAB i doesnt change a thing.

I think its an Apple issue.

I found a fix myself:

When audio doesnt play, just start Siri with the home button and exit it after that. 

Your music wil start playing then after siri is gone.

Its not perfect but its something....

SUGGESTED POSTS