NEXT STEP

CarPlay and Spotify not working

CarPlay and Spotify not working

Premium plan

Uk

iPhone 11 pro and CarPlay in Audi A3

ios 14.4

My Question 

My issue is that whenever I connect my Spotify to my car cos CarPlay the playback is unreliable.

Previously the music would randomly go fuzzy, resulting in me having to disconnect and reconnect the phone via the usb.

this has now stopped and instead, the music keeps stopping. It is not showing as paused. It stops all audio, then after a few seconds, the music continues but not where it stopped, it starts playing the song from a few seconds after it stopped. It seems the audio just drops and skips. 

I have no issues with connecting to CarPlay, staying connected or any other apps via CarPlay.

Spotify works fine when connected to my car via Bluetooth, but I want to use CarPlay as it allows me to charge my phone, use maps etc which I can’t do if I’m using Bluetooth as can’t use Bluetooth when phone is connected via usb. 

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, uninstalling and reinstalling, new usb cable, different USB port and nothing has worked. 

randomly twice it has worked fine on my journeys, but that is twice out of dozens of journeys. I am now at my wits end and considering changing streaming subscriptions to another provider as it is the most irritating thing! 

Please help!!!

8 Replies

Hi there @Adamjames85

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

We understand you've already tried reinstalling, but we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall of the app. This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know if this issue persists with a different phone?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Novy, I have just tried the reset and will give it a go with CarPlay tomorrow. Will also try it with a different phone tomorrow to let you know what happens. Thanks!

Hi @Novy, I tried the clean reinstall and it has made no difference at all. The music is still going silent for a few seconds and then skipping forward the few seconds it is quiet. We tried another iphone in the car, connected to CarPlay, using Apple Music and it played absolutely fine.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Hey @Adamjames85

Thanks for letting us know that!

Could you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates?

Additionally, we suggest that you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device.

Lastly, we'd like to know if this only happening when you're streaming or with your downloaded content as well?

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni

My iPhone is completely up to date with no outstanding updates. I also did not have my phone on power saving or any data cleansing settings whilst using car play.

It happens when I play both streaming and downloaded content.

Thanks

Adam

Hey @Adamjames85,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

There are a few more settings, which could be causing this behavior, since some of them get reset when iOS updates. Can you check the following:

• Toggle on Allow CarPlay While Locked in your iPhone’s CarPlay settings
  • Reset the infotainment system
  • Verify Siri is on or toggle Hey Siri off and back on
  • Disable any Screen time restrictions on your iPhone

Let us know if any of those make a difference? If not let us know the exact version of the Spotify app on your phone.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @Alex

I have tried these and they haven’t helped unfortunately. I am using Spotify 8.6.2.1041

Thanks,

Adam

Hey @Adamjames85,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

You've mentioned you've tried connecting another phone and using Apple Music - can you try connecting another device and using the Spotify app, to test if you get the same results as with your phone.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts