Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Carplay asking for login

Carplay asking for login

Premium, Iphone 6 plus, IOS 11.4.1 

With one years experience, it looks likely that if i crash my car, it will end up in neighbours garden fences because of me concentrating to get Spotify starting in CarPlay. During this year i have had CarPlay in use, there has not been a single case when it has started working ok directly.

This happens every time: once the app opens, it asks me to login. When i press that button, it opens a dialog with ok-button and text ”register or login to Spotify to use with Carplay”. Once i press ok, it usually then starts showing the content, sometimes needs the same sequnce repeated.

Then occasionally other bugs, not going to list those all here because seems there`s always a bit different situation happening. Yesterday, for example, app told that it cannot load songs.. which had been already downloaded to the device. Took carplay off, connected directly to car`s bluetooth audio and worked fine..

Anyone else having this login issue?

6 Replies

Hey @nogdose,

In this instance, I recommend performing a clean reinstallation of Spotify on your iPhone. You can find the steps to do this here.

Hope this helps!

I have exactly the same problem. Every time I plug in my phone and Carplay starts when I click on Spotify it asks me to login. I click the please login and hit ok and it usually loads. 

I've got a Premium subscription on an iPhone 6 Plus running the latest iOS 11.4.1

I have tried doing the suggested solution by deleting and reinstalling spotify but to no avail. The problem still persists. 

Anyone out there got some kind of solution to this problem?

Hey @nogdose and @JackBauer2,

Sorry to hear about this. Can you check out this help article and follow the steps there? 

Let us know how it goes.

Checked the docs proposals

• my iphone always has newest IOS and Spotify app version
  • I have started the phone and car several times 🙂
  • There is no other USB port available in car
  • I have tried other cables as well

Oddly.. have never had any issue in CarPlay with Apples own apps.. Spotify and Whatsapp seem to fail frequently. 

Hey there @nogdose,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and trying the suggested steps. Just to confirm, is your Siri also on?

If the issue persists, we'd recommend heading here for further troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi, Siri is on, but i dont use it. 

I wonder if there is some chance of getting some sort of debug logging on in the app or alternatively check the stuff on Spotify servers logs?

Regards Jan

Suggested posts