Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

I keep having the same issue playing Pod Save America over wifi. I can stream music without issue, and can stream certain other podcasts, but for some reason, I can only play Pod Save America if I am on cellular data. I also am unable to download these to play offline. The podcast only starts playing if I turn off wifi, and stops playing when I turn wifi back on. This has been an ongoing problem for weeks. I have tried deleting the app & reinstalling but it did not help. 

5 Replies

Hey there @htgr_1kl-xek9

thanks for reaching out !

Have you tried playing the same Podcast on another device with the same WiFi ?

Waiting on your update 😃

I'm having this same issue it doesn't work on any network i connect to.  The problem is only with specific podcast as well

Hey @Jtttotr,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Sorry to hear that you can't play some podcasts.

Can you let us know if this is happening both over WiFi and Mobile data? It would be helpful to send us a link to the podcast and tell us if it's happening on multiple devices like your PC/ Phone/ Speakers etc.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is an old post but I'm having the exact same problem with no other answer on the internet. It will play if I turn off wifi and use mobile data instead, and I can turn wifi back on once the episode starts. If I don't switch to data, the player will stay selected on the episode but will not progress past 0:00. Please help!!!! So annoying. 

Hey @HeyMer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is usually related to permission within the internet connection. To verify this, would you mind trying with a different Wi-Fi connection to see if the issue persists. Also, could you confirm if trying with a different device makes any difference?

Lastly, include in your next response all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far to avoid repeating processes, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.  

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts