Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain songs not playing iPhone 5s

Solved!

Certain songs not playing iPhone 5s

I have been having problems playing a song, here or there, in different albums on my mobile Spotify. 

The albums are local files stored in iTunes. 

I have the albums and my local files synced and available offline. 

The songs play great on the desktop side of Spotify and iTunes. 

I've had no problems syncing any song onto my phone and it doesn't get hung up on these songs.

I updated my mobile app just a few days ago. 

Please let me know if you need any more information!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I decided to reinstall the mobile app and resync all music. It appears to be working now!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Sometimes restarting the app will resolve this. Just open the multitasking (double click home) and swipe spotify away. Then open it up again. Alternatively, the file could be in a different format. I don't know much about the file formats spotify can read but if those files are the same as the rest you shouldn't need to worry.

I have repeatedly restarted the app, including restarting my phone. The files that can't play are the same kind as the ones that play just fine. 

I have even tried unsyncing the problem albums and syncing them again but to no avail. 

I should maybe mention that the app freezes on those songs as though it is about ready to play. I have left the app on with it unpaused on one of the songs, hoping it would start playing after 5 minutes or so, but it never has. 

Another thing to try is to copy the tracks into a new playlist to see if they work then.

Marked as solution

I decided to reinstall the mobile app and resync all music. It appears to be working now!

Suggested posts