Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain songs won’t play on Spotify mobile

Certain songs won’t play on Spotify mobile

The specific band is sum 41, none of there songs will play no matter what I’ve tried. Restart phone, reinstall app, no updates available. This only happens when I log into my profile On any iOS device, it works fine on my Xbox, the songs still appear as if they’re able to play and are downloaded but when I tap on them nothing happens it doesn’t even give a pop up saying it’s not playable

15 Replies

Hi @Grunzit, welcome to our Spotify Community!

Are you getting any error messages? If so, a screenshot would be helpful. Also, could you let us know what Spotify version you're using?

We'd recommend logging out and back into your account.

Take care 🙂

There’s absolutely no error messages, the songs will be in my que but they get skipped over automatically I’m using IOS version 8.4.49.364, also I recently went on a flight and during the flight when my phone was on airplane mode all the songs that I have from sum 41 in my playlists were playable again.

Hey, @Grunzit

Thanks for the extra information.

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try a quick reinstall for us? Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, can you let us know if you have these songs as local files?

Thanks,

/M

I’ve tried reinstalling before and it didn’t work and yes the songs are downloaded 

Hey @Grunzit,

Thanks for the extra info. To check, What exact iOS devices are you using where you notice this happening? Could you also let us know the exact iOS versions alongside each model?

We'd suggest:

1. Going here and hitting 'Sign Out Everywhere'
  2. Going to the same page to remove all your offline devices
  3. Do another clean reinstall on all devices

Once that's all done, let us know if the same part of the catalogue is being affected like this.

Thanks!

The IOS Devices are 6, 6s, and 7 the IOS version on all is 11.3.1. I tried what you recommended and it did not work

Hey @Grunzit,

Thanks for the info! 

It sounds like there's been a slight hiccup with your registered offline devices. To solve this, could you log in at https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ and remove all registered devices with the Remove All Devices button again? You'll have to resync all of your tracks for offline listening, but it should solve your issue.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

I tried deleting my offline devices and re-downloading everything and it still didn’t work I even upgraded iPhones to the 7+ update the app and the phone all the way and am still having the problem, but when I first installed everything the songs did work for a short amount of time but now they no longer play.

An update none of the songs I have downloaded from sum 41 are playable even in offline mode and when I am connected to the internet every single song from sum 41 is not playable at all

Hey @Grunzit.

Sounds like you might be having a problem with your account.

If you get in touch with our Customer Service people, they should be able to help you create a new account and transfer everything from the old one to the new one.

Get back to us once you've done that and let us know how it went 🙂

P

Are they greyed out or still white?

If they're greyed out (on any player, doesn't matter where), it means there has been issue with the licensing (probably a label dispute) or something done to say Spotify can't allow those tracks to be streamed anymore.

Like this...

Visible but not playableVisible but not playable

No they are not greyed out they look completely playable but once I tap on the song nothing happens and if I put the song in the que it’s skipped over, and I don’t think that switching accounts will help Becuase the songs are only not playable on my iPhone they play perfectly fine on the Xbox version.

Well that's me out then lol

I have no idea on that.

Lol thanks for the help anyway but this is some of the weirdest**bleep** I’ve ever experienced on this app

Hey again @Grunzit,

We really understand you feel that way. As previously suggested, you should get in touch with our customer service team to check out your account and settings. 

Please let us know if there's anything else!

Suggested posts