Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain songs won't play

Solved!

Certain songs won't play

Hello,

I recently got a new iPhone 6s Plus and iClouded all of my apps, including Spotify, from my old iPhone to my new phone but now there are certain songs that will not play at all. I am a premium user and at first I thought that it was a streaming problem but then I downloaded many songs including some that will not play. But they still don't play when they are downloaded. Some songs will also play for about 10 seconds and then stop and when I try to replay the song it doesn't play at all. This problem only happens on my phone though because I am able to play the songs on my computer. What could be my problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Turns out that I was able to find a solution from your last comment. I was able to connect to my wifi and download the songs that didn't work and now they work without a problem! Thanks for all your help!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @KAshby! Welcome to the community!

That's not cool! Alright, could you try to reinstall the app? Does it happen after that? Let me know!

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I deleted and reinstalled the app twice...

Hey @KAshby!

Alright, thanks for trying that. Could you remove all offline devices from this page? Let me know if you can download your songs after that.

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

That worked for some songs but not all of them.

Hey @KAshby!

Hmm, could you send over the Track URIs of those songs? Also, what country is your Spotify account registered to? Let me know.

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

This is the only one that I can narrow down and say it doesn't work.

spotify:track:7ongSdLv28Z27WeCrzZXwB

My account is registered in the United States.

Hey @KAshby!

Hmm, that track should be available in the US. Could you try to restart your device and play the track again? Let me know how that goes.

Keep rockin'!

HuboSpotify Star

Still not wanting to play.

Hey @KAshby!

Thanks for your reply. Let's take a closer look, could you try this on a different network connection? Also, how much space have you got left on your device?

Thanks for your patience. Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

I can't currently try it on a different network at the moment. I am just using my data.

I have 17.51 available storage.

Hey,

So when I connect to wifi, all the songs work fine but when I go off of wifi then that is when it has "selective playing".

Here is another song url that works when I am connected to wifi but doesn't play when I am not connected to wifi.

spotify:track:3xQjivjUZ4KnUslduTEYKC

Hey @KAshby!

Sorry for the delay! Could you send me a screenshot from the track you saved offline and cannot be played without Wi-Fi? 

Thanks! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey! Turns out that I was able to find a solution from your last comment. I was able to connect to my wifi and download the songs that didn't work and now they work without a problem! Thanks for all your help!

Suggested posts