Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my premium plan

Change my premium plan

Hi, I did my premium plan for month, but now I want to change to family plan. I live in Brasil and I don't know how can I do it. I need cancel this old plan to do a new plan? How can I do it more fast as possible? Help me. 😄
1 Reply

Spotify Family

The Spotify Family plan lets you get up to five separate Premium accounts with one discounted monthly subscription.

You and each of your family (or friends at the same address) you invite will enjoy:

• Unlimited high-quality streaming access to over 30 million songs.
  • Ability to play music offline on up to three devices.
  • No ad interruptions.
  • Creating and sharing playlists.
  • Ability to travel abroad with your music.
  • No more arguing with Dad about his taste in classic rock.

Note: Spotify Family plans are not eligible for promotions or for payment through Spotify gift cards. It's not possible to subscribe to Spotify Family plan with iTunes in-app payments.

To sign up:

1. Head to spotify.com/family.
  2. Click UPGRADE.
  3. If you don't have a Spotify account yet: when you see the login screen, click Sign up. After you create an account, you'll be returned to Spotify Family signup.
  4. Click on the plan that includes the number of sub accounts you want (up to four).
  5. Enter your payment details.
  6. Click START MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

Congratulations! Not only do you now have a Premium account, you are also the administrator of your Spotify Family plan, in charge of inviting/removing members to or from the plan.

To Invite a member:

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member.

1. To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan, go to the account page. account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. Click SEND INVITE.

To change a member:

Only the administrator of the plan can change a member.

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on the member you would like to change.
  4. Click CHANGE THIS MEMBER
  5. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. Click SEND INVITE.

To add another subaccount:

1. To increase the number of subaccounts in your plan, go to your account page.
  2. Click Manage.
  3. Click Add Member.
  4. Select the new family plan size that you’d like to upgrade to.
    Note: You should see the new billing date and monthly price for the family plan size that you select, underneath.
  5. Click Add Member. 

To accept an invite:

If you’ve received an email invitation to join a Spotify Family plan, first of all, congratulations! Secondly:

1. In the email, click ACCEPT INVITIATION.
  2. If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account, the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM.

If you do not have a Spotify account, you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, clickACCEPT INVITIATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM.  

If you have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify, you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Spotify Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

Questions

How am I charged?

Whether the subaccounts you’ve signed up for are in use or not, you’ll be charged the full subscription price every month on the same date you signed up.

What happens if I cancel?

If you cancel, all the subaccounts on the plan will revert back to the Free subscription level at the end of your current billing cycle.

What are the restrictions on the members I can add to my plan?

To be added to your plan, a person must:

• Reside at the same physical address as the administrator.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify (and not, for example, via iTunes or a mobile operator).

Can Spotify Family be used with other plans such as student discounts, or plans joined through a phone company, etc.?

Sorry, no. Any discounts cannot be applied to plan accounts.

Can I reduce the number of sub accounts in my plan?

It’s not currently possible to reduce the number of subaccounts. But you can cancel the renewal of your current plan and sign up again for a different one. Just cancel your current plan and wait for your account to revert to Free. Then, you can sign up again and re-invite anyone you want to add.

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens to my billing when I become a Spotify Family admin user?

If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We won’t bill you until the time you’ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page.

Note: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Spotify Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

I've been invited to join a Spotify Family plan, and I already have a Premium subscription. How is my billing affected when I join?

When you accept the invite, you're added to the Spotify Family plan when your current billing period runs out. You won't be charged for your account any further - your payments are handled by the plan owner.

However, if your Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - such as iTunes or your mobile operator - you'll need to contact them to cancel your Premium first.

Can I add a member from another country to my Spotify Family plan?

People in different countries cannot be on the same Spotify Family plan.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts