Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change of song (last update)

Solved!

Change of song (last update)

With the latest update if I'm listening to a song, when slide my ipad screen down the song is changed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately that is an iOS bug. Apple would have to fix the notification center. Since similar problems happen with other apps too, it is not a bug inside of the Spotify app.

Sometimes when you pull down the notification center, it will interfere with the area underneath it and register as a tap in certain areas.

I have a similar problem in some of my apps. When I use notification center, the app will scroll the content all the way to the top.

I usually don't have this problem using Spotify, because I check my notifications when I am not inside any apps. 

I just played around with Spotify using the notification center and it seems the notification center will interfere with the content underneath it 50% of the time and Spotify will think it was tapped. In your case you were using search, there was a track near the top bar where you pull down for the notification center. It seems the notification center registered a screen tap near the area causing Spotify to change the song.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What do you mean by sliding your iPad screen down?

Could you please explain in more detail 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yes, like when you want to check the notification bar, with your finger slide the screen from up to down to see the notifications. When I do that, the song actually playing pass to another of the same artist.

Can you try restarting your iPad?

I just tested this on my iPad and when I use the notification center it still plays the same song. It doesn't skip. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Today I received the update of IOS 8.1.3 and the problem still, I made a video of what happen, every time that I slide the screen the song change
Video:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=13F0D7A610AB450E!3014&authkey=!AFUb1Qc_Nb82rAk&ithint=video%2c...
Marked as solution

Unfortunately that is an iOS bug. Apple would have to fix the notification center. Since similar problems happen with other apps too, it is not a bug inside of the Spotify app.

Sometimes when you pull down the notification center, it will interfere with the area underneath it and register as a tap in certain areas.

I have a similar problem in some of my apps. When I use notification center, the app will scroll the content all the way to the top.

I usually don't have this problem using Spotify, because I check my notifications when I am not inside any apps. 

I just played around with Spotify using the notification center and it seems the notification center will interfere with the content underneath it 50% of the time and Spotify will think it was tapped. In your case you were using search, there was a track near the top bar where you pull down for the notification center. It seems the notification center registered a screen tap near the area causing Spotify to change the song.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts