Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chinese songs titles appearing in weird English hanyu pinyin on iphone

Chinese songs titles appearing in weird English hanyu pinyin on iphone

After the update, I realised the the chinese songs titles appeared as weird english hanyu pinyin. On the desktop, it seems fine. How do I resolve this?

Thank you!

16 Replies

Spotify don't know customers' needs and wants!

It seems that spotify don't know most Chinese can't read pinyin. We have no choice but to unsubscribe.

Really? I see that a lot of Jay Chou songs are still in Chinese.
It still says 周杰伦, 夜曲。

Probably you need to give some examples.
You guys also need to understand at most albums are data provided are directly from the record labels, so they just add them in the system. So if pinyin is provided, than they will just add it in.

So sometimes you have to search for both.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Here's an example.

给你们参考参考一下吧!
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

image.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 10.47.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-08 at 10.49.12 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-08 at 10.50.00 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-08 at 10.50.32 pm.pngSure, would love to give some examples. Here you go:

These are just some examples. There are a lot more. Sometimes, the words appear as chinese characters, sometimes in hanyu pinyin. There is likely a bug within Spotify in their latest update.

You get this only on the Desktop version of Spotify?
I'm here to shuffle!

Both in iPhone and on the Desktop Mac.

Bump... Anyone found a workaround for this yet? This change was stupid and now it takes me 10 times more time to figure out what a song name is.

I sent your feedback to the Spotify Content team and I am waiting to hear back.

Based on our discussions, it must be the changes done by the record labels so that's why you'll see this problems in our catalogue. I have also realised that some of my favourite sabai sabai thai songs by birdthong chai cannot be found anymore unless I key in thai into the search bar. So yeah.

So my current workaround is to search (for chinese songs): Search the Han zi, pin yin, jian ti zi and the english title. Sometimes I even google search for like eg: jay chou spotify and see whether it appears and I can play them.

I'm here to shuffle!

@angusgor refer to my feedback that I just wrote above.
I'm here to shuffle!

Hey @theduckside are you still just experiencing this on the iOS app and not on the desktop? 

Or is this showing up on both now? 

Still experiencing them. Both iOs and desktop. Thanks

This is actually fixed on all my devices now. However I changed the native language to all my Spotify apps to traditional chinese so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. If you have any downloaded/offline music you'll need to clear the data on your app before they show properly again

seems to be fixed!

Still found the captioned problem.

Spotify version 8.4.45.564 in iPhone6s IOS 11.3

Please fix it!. Thanks!

Hi there,

Can you provide any screenshot, please?

Thank you!

Suggested posts