Premium

Country

Canada 

Device

iPhoneX

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Sometimes I am listening to music oh my phone, and I get a pop up about Chrome Web Player - I don't know what this is or why this happens. My music stops and start playing some random playlist that I never select turns on. Now my "recently listened" section is all these random playlists that I never selected. They all have strange names such as "exhilarated humiliated" and "exhausted lonely" and "bitter disappointment". Has my account been hacked?

Also, I just got a notification for a playlist relating to the midterm election in Missouri. I've attached the screenshot. I AM IN CANADA. IMG_0869.JPGIMG_0870.JPG

6 Replies

Hey @hello1234551.

Thanks for getting touch!

It sounds like someone else has gained access to your account. No worries though, if you follow the steps on this page we'll make sure to secure your account.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi @guido - how would that have happened and how can I prevent it from happening again?

Was there a data breach?

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem, it doesn't happen every time, just randomly and after a couple of minutes the problem disappear.

I truly believe is not related to someone using my account, I think is some system error that missmatch activity between users, becouse sometimes the music played match to a specific user playlist.

Could you please investigate further this problem, I'm attaching screens to show you my connected devices, and the behaviour in my Windows App.

temp_1.JPG

Thanks!

temp_1.JPG

Hey there @hello1234551,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We can assure you that our platform and user records are totally secure. Further, we apply rigorous security practises to protect your information. Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach. You can find more steps on how to keep your account better protected here.

Hope this helps clarify things!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @viemgaru,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available (find this in the Now Playing bar on mobile, or by clicking  in the bottom-right on desktop).

Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account. If you'd like, you can also switching on the Show local devices only setting if you also have the mobile app. This means your app won't try to find nearby devices that aren’t on the same internet connection as you. Here's how:

1. Tap Home Got Premium? Tap instead Your Library 
  2. Tap Settings 
  3. Tap Devices.
  4. Switch off Show local devices only and try Connect again.

If you see a message that your account is being used somewhere else, and you don’t recognize that device, you may have left your account logged in on someone else’s device. If you don’t have access to that device, you need to ask the owner of the device to log out of your account.

You can also sign out remotely from your account page and for extra safety, you can change your password. For more information, see you can also head here.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same issue. In addition, last night it stated that I signed up for premium family, got a chrome access code, and then cancelled my subscription. I was sound asleep.

I do not use my password elsewhere, it is unique for this site. 

When I check the list of devices using my account, it shows three iPhones (the other two from a long time ago (which I removed) and assume are my old phones no longer used. 

There is no indication on my account that another device was used to access my account. Why is this?

please advise further and what I should do about my account now expiring on a strange date (not my normal renewal date)?

Suggested posts