Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio, spotify and Iphone problem.

Chromecast Audio, spotify and Iphone problem.

Hello! I have a Chromecast audio and I´ve been trying all kinds of stuff to get it connected. I already contact my internet service provider and the router it is supposed to be fine. The only way to detect chromecast in my iphone / ipad is to sign in to spotify in my Chrome Browser and the cast it to the Chromecast. If I do it this way the device then is visible in my mobile devices. Before signing in to spotify the Chromecast is not visible. It is kind of ridiculous to sign in in a computer open a browser, sign in to spotify in the browser so I can finally view the Chromecast in my phone. What should I do to make it visible without turning on a computer?

I have the latest Chromecast audio, Chrome browser, an iphone Ios 11.2.6 and and Ipad 3

Thanks I hope to find a solution here!
1 Reply

I have the same problem...

I set up my brand new Chromecast Audio on my iPhone 6 with Google Home. It works fine when casting from Spotify on my iPhone 6. However, when I try to connect and cast from my wife's iPhone 6 the Chromecast Audio doesn't show under "devices available" in the Spotify app. 

I tried connecting via the Spotify Web Player which worked and strangely the Chromecast came up in Spotify under "devices available" on my wife's iPhone when simultaneously playing on the web player. But as soon as I wasn't using the web player it disappeared from my wifes Spotify devices again. 

Please find a solution!

Suggested posts