Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast for iOS

Chromecast for iOS

Please integrate Spotify with Chromecast on iOS. I've started using Google Play Music more due to its better integration with both Apple TV and Chromecast, on iOS devices.

4 Replies

With the launch of the new Chromecast it would be great if Spotify could provide support for iOS devices.

Hey @Prospero

With the 4.1 app update today, you should be able to use Chromecast with the Spotify iOS app.

If you have the first Chromecast that came out, you will have to wait for Google to release a firmware update so that is becomes compatible with Spotify.

I heard that the firmware update will take a few weeks to finish rollout. So hopefully by the end of October you will be able to use Spotify with your Chromecast.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For people with the first generation Chromecast, the firmware update is now rolling out. Try restarting your Chromecast to get Spotify support.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @MattSuda, thanks for your writing. Unfortunately I must tell you that Chromecast not longer properly works - both with iOS and Android devices. This is frustrating because with my Chromecast (2015), Spotify was initially working but then started pausing when switching from the device to casting the song. The music could only be played if another app was used thereby often reseting the Spotify instance on the Chromecast. Lately, however, the black Spotify loading screen comes but with the three dots with the Android and iOS devices indicating that the cast is loading but nothing happens. After a minute or two, there is a time out and the default backdrop of the app comes up once again. Turning off the Chromecast, using different devices and resetting the internet connection does not improve the situation. This is unfortunate and strange as Chromecast with Spotify was working fine prior to the Christmas vacation with exactly the same router/ network/ device setup.... please advise! Thanks in advance 🙂

Suggested posts