Device

iPhone 8+  / iPhone 6S

Google Home Mini

Chromecast Audio

nVidia Shield

Operating System

(iOS 10 / Shield Experience 7)

My Question or Issue

We have a similar issue to a lot of the "fixed" issues in here. Basically I do one of the following:

- start Spotify on our phone and select chromecast (the nvidia shield)

- ask google home mini to play on the shield

- use spotify on the phone and select google home mini

It'll play, sometimes 1 song - sometimes 10 songs and just stop. The app says it's still playing on the shield and shows the track progress moving but no audio. 

Compare this to google play music which will play non stop until we stop it (accidently left it play for a full weekend while we were away). We also stream a bunch of online radio stations all day with no issues.

It's definitley not a wifi issue as our nvidia shield is hooked up via ethernet. our network is made up of unifi gear which is flawless for everything else so everything points directly to spotify.

it's so unreliable that we're considering moving permantently over to google play.

2 Replies

Hi jztilly! Welcome to the community 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues, I can imagine it is quite frustrating. There is a post on chromecast-specific troubleshooting here. I would recommend going through those steps to see if that fixes your issue. 

Let me know how it goes!

Nope none of it helped. 

The only thing that has enabled us to enjoy music at home is to switch back to Google Play music. 

So thanks Spotify 

Suggested posts