Clear Queue??

Solved!

Re: Clear Queue??

Benny
Casual Listener

Apart from the zero mornonic  logic in not having a clear queue button, the apparent bug is this.... Even if I go to the bottom of the queue and hit the round button (which happens to be the play button) - it does clear the list - I have to do this a couple of times. HOWEVER.... I go back to my pay list - select a song half way down the list, hit play.... the queue shows all the next tracks breifly .... but then it resets to the start of the play list. I actually reinstalled spotify to clear the queue , but the problem came back again. This is happening if I pay spotify from my win 10 PC or my Andriod phone. This seems to happen when I connect to sonos. The only way I can play the songs in the order that I want I have to play from the Sonos app. Which btw has a clear queue button. Please take this issue seriously - the problem is not going away and it looks like you are treating the users as **bleep**. Not a good look.

edweerdt
Gig Goer

Over the years Spotify has been removing great features and are making their clients more and more simple playlist managers and in that field they are also a bit lacking.

Clearing a queue is such a basic feature. I don't get that questions like this are marked as solved, when the solution is a workaround, hacks.

pablolie
Regular

Seriously - this whole thread is surreal.

Simple fact is that NONE of the hacks suggested as workarounds really work.

One always keeps some residual odd songs in the queue, and wonders where the heck those came from. "Suggestions" get mixed up with choice, and *strict* choice gets diluted.

It's unacceptable. I love the huge Spotify library, I am starting to loathe the fact the playlists I listen to are less my choice (which is why I first joined Spotify) and become more of Spotify's suggest-semi-dictated playlists a la Pandora (I abandoned Pandora because of that). Spotify is diluting its advantage and core differentiator by being obstinate about this issue. It makes no sense.

The fact the moderator is breaking this up into mobile app vs something else is beyond ridiculous - really? Different workflows in different devices? Is that a best UI design pattern? Sure - if you are Lucifer...  :-)

I want: (1) a clean queue delete button on every device (I use Windows, Android and an Ipad, so there) (2) control about whteher I want "suggestions" automatically appended to my queue (I actually don't as a general rule, but it's nice to enable based on experimental mood).

... DO IT! 

StXve
Casual Listener

I second that. It's unbelievable that Spotify cannot provide such essential features in their mobile platform... I've just joined premium and already started thinking whether it was a good idea... Please listen to your users or one day you'll find there's none remained.

StXve
Casual Listener

@dsa_7 wrote:
Hi there Tremolay, welcome to the Community! That's a bit peculiar - having all of your jams in your queue, but I'll be sure to help you clear your queue so you can enjoy your playlists and albums as normal again.

Unfortunately, I can't find a magic "Clear Queue" button, but there is a clever trick you can do to clear the queue effortlessly. Open up the Queue list and scroll all the way down to the final song with a blue dot. Tap it, and all the queued songs above it will vanish. You can then enjoy that last song, or skip it, and your entire queue will be cleared.

I hope I helped. If this doesn't work, please feel free to reply to this post and someone else might be able to help you! The Community is great for helping others, discovering new music and making new friends. Feel free to explore, and I look forward to seeing you on the forums some time! Good luck with clearing your queue and rock on!

This (the accepted "solution") does not work and this is not a solution. We need a proper clear queue button. If that's part of the next release even that will be late...

kenron
Regular

Aaah this is crazy! Spotify please add a clear queue button!

Toolman7

Doesn't work. I had to log out and log in to clear the queue. I'm a premium member so not sure if that affects the Queue clearing ability or not. There was no blue dot on the last song and any new playlist I started only played the first song then back to the original queue.

chim_chim
Casual Listener

Even Log Out / In didn't work on the Windows app.  Even deleting the queue one at a time, it keeps replenishing.

alstarkbyron
Regular
You're right. Drives me crazy.

chim_chim
Casual Listener

Complete uninstall/reinstall and turning off Autoplay did finally work for me.

Don't forget to turn back on the high quality stream feature.

SUGGESTED POSTS