Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Queue??

Solved!

Clear Queue??

Somehow my entire song library was added to my queue and I really need a way to clear it. I know how this may be done on PC/Mac but how do I do it on my iOS? Playing a different context/playlist does not work.
113 Replies

I added ASOT playlist to the queue with probably have more than 10000 songs in it...

Im using iPhone 7 and now the app is constanstly crashing i cant clear the queue because i have to select one by one each song.. please add clear all..

I can't believe they haven't added this feature yet! 

@spotify, please just make a CLEAR ENTIRE QUEUE feature!

The blue dot and "last song in queue" methods don't seem to be reliable, and there should just be a way to simply clear the entire queue if someone wanted to. 

I posted about this like a year ago. This is so frustrating and so simple to add!!

I just found out that selecting the last song in the queue so it dtarts playing will clear the queue and it will contain only the last item. 

That is simply not True, as many here have pointed out.

Every tool at our disposal works haphazardly.

It doesn't work consistently across devices and UIs. And I firmly state it does not even work consistently within a given UI.

I just was listening to an After 7 playlist because Melvin Edmonds died. Then I have a change of mood and I double click on my Bill Evans playlist. Should erase my queue and just play jazz right? 

Wrong. For some reason the After 7 songs stayed in there. Moreover, Spotify had chosen to add songs I never asked for.

Oh and the clear button is sometimes there, sometimes not. It is not there right now after I used it once, but repeat-ability is difficult. I suspect Spotify doesn't want it to be there all the time.

None of this makes any sense.

See attached - no clear button now. It depends on your workflow. Sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesn't. Clearly this is something Spotify wants to game customers with for whatever financial motivation they have. 

That is simply not True, as many here have pointed out.

Every tool at our disposal works haphazardly.

It doesn't work consistently across devices and UIs. And I firmly state it does not even work consistently within a given UI.

I just was listening to an After 7 playlist because Melvin Edmonds died. Then I have a change of mood and I double click on my Bill Evans playlist. Should erase my queue and just play jazz right? 

Wrong. For some reason the After 7 songs stayed in there. Moreover, Spotify had chosen to add songs I never asked for.

Oh and the clear button is sometimes there, sometimes not. It is not there right now after I used it once, but repeat-ability is difficult. I suspect Spotify doesn't want it to be there all the time.

None of this makes any sense.

See attached - no clear button now. It depends on your workflow. Sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesn't. Clearly this is something Spotify wants to game customers with for whatever financial motivation they have. 
Screenshot 2019-05-20 21.38.40.png

I'm with you, friend.

"She [Spotify] drives me crazy."

PS - For whatever reason, I was unable to paste the Embed Code copied from Spotify app on Windoze. The post wouldn't post, occasionally objecting to my Captcha verification (over and over again - in a way that no other site has ever done), and occasionally choking for some other unhighlighted / unspecified reason. Cool!

Didn't work for me. The full album shows again in the queue. This is really stupid.

This is so frustrating. I have a playlist with 12 hours of lullaby songs on that I put on when my son goes to bed. These all get added to my queue and I have to remove them 1 by 1. It is 2019 ffs!!

That’s the only thing that worked, thanks a lot !

I started this conversation trail so long ago I cant even remember the exact date!!
despite the many many likes & posts other users have added, Spotify has, as yet chosen to either ignore the issue, or else specifically does not want you to be able to clear your queue. So I would like to therefore ask spotify the following question on behalf of all those users.
"What is the reason why you decline to allow your CUSTOMERS to clear their play queue of tracks they do not any more want to hear???

Yup, I don’t get why they couldn’t add a small trash icon somewhere on the screen.

Btw I was replying to @dsa_7 actually!

There is a work around that works for my Android cellphone. I'm not sure it will work for all devices but its worth trying.

1. Turn off the Autoplay option in settings (you don't want the app adding more "similar" music to the queue).

2. Create a brand new Playlist and name it "Clear Queue" (or whatever will help you remember that the playlist's purpose in life is simply to get rid of your queued music).

3. Add a short song to the newly created playlist. (I use "Taps" because its only 54 secs long and represents the death of my queued music).

4. Choose to play that playlist. (What should happen and what does happen on my phone, is that the currently queued songs are immediately replaced by the new playlist's songs ... of which there is only the one song. So now the queue contains only the one song instead of the hundreds it used to have).

I hope that helps.

Got an even better one. Search "5 Second of Silence" and create a playlist with only that one in it.
Marked as solution

UPDATE: Implemented.

Hey all,

Currently it's not possible to clear all songs from the queue on iOS. We recommend voting for this idea to let us know that you are interested in this feature.

We'll be closing this topic but feel free to continue the discussion in the above linked idea.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Suggested posts