Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Recent Searches Button Hidden by Now Playing Banner

Solved!

Clear Recent Searches Button Hidden by Now Playing Banner

In the search pane, I have a list with about 20 recent searches. I want to clear the list, but when I scroll to the bottom the "Clear Recent Searches" button is hidden by the Now Playing banner at the bottom (the banner that shows the album art, song/artist, and play/pause button). I can pull the list up and I see the "Clear Recent Searches" button, but I can't click it - even if I use multiple fingers.

iPhone 5S AT&T

iOS 7

Spotify Premium 1.5.0.2728

The following is a very bad work-around, but it will work until the developers can release a fix:

1. Force-close spotify
  2. Put phone into airplane mode
  3. Open spotify
  4. Very quickly navigate to the search pane
  5. Scroll to the bottom and click "Clear Recent Searches"
  6. If you wait too long, Spotify will recognize that it's offline and put the Now Playing banner back at the bottom, again blocking the "Clear Recent Searches" button

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there. Thanks for doing that troubleshooting!  I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there. Thanks for doing that troubleshooting!  I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@

Suggested posts