Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear recently played

Clear recently played

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-can-I-clear-my-recently-played/m-p/4785233#M114...

The 'solution' in the linked issue does not work.

I want to clear my recently played list on home screen. Even if I use the desktop app to remove songs from my 'Recently Played Playlist', those deleted still show up on my home screen.

This is frustrating. I canceled my premium subscription immediately. Will not subscribe again until this is fixed. 

4 Replies

Hey @chris2y3, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Currently the only way I have found is to reinstall the app. Just follow these steps.

Hope it helps and take care 🙂

This does not even work.

I signed out, uninstalled the app, log back in. The recently played list is still here, all intact.

This is ridiculous. I guess I have no control over my personal data anyway. 

RIDICULOUS is the word.

We must assume it's by design - obviously

Why are spotify so cruel in this area. Are they sponging and sucking details of recently played from us all?

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Currently there isn't a way to remove entries from you recently played sections. They're there for your convince, so that if you stumble upon a great tune and you forget it's name you can track it down and have easy access to songs you play often. We also found that another user posted this idea requesting a customizable start screen. This would include the option to remove items from the recently played songs or the section entirely, You can vote for it and subscribe, if you haven't already. We'll inform on any new developments there, as soon as there are any. 

You can also find out more about your personal data and Spotify here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts