Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking "save" downloads an album?

Solved!

Clicking "save" downloads an album?

Hello all,

This is my first time posting a question because just recently bought premium. I have been able to get the hang of saving music to my library and also making specific songs/albums available offline, but recently I have ran into a problem. Referring to the images below, when I click "save" for the album, it adds the album to my music collection but for some reason also downloads the album for offline listening (the green downward facing arrows next to the song titles), unless I am looking at this wrong. How do I go about adding an album to my music collection but not downloading it and making it available offline?

Thanks!
image.png
image.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You may have set the Songs list to be available offline which, as I understand it, would cause anything you save to Your Library / Your Music to be downloaded.

If you turn that option off, you can then decide on a per album basis what you want to download.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

When I look at an album that I have saved, it is not set to be downloaded by default. Only the songs that I have marked to be downloaded (for example, from another playlist). Note that "Happy Holiday" is set to be downloaded but the rest of the album is not. Perhaps you have the album that you saved also set to be downloaded in another playlist?

IMG_0261.png

I double checked to make sure this wasn't the case by saving random albums I know for sure didn't contain any songs in any of my playlists I have saved. When I would save one of these random albums every song would still be downloaded for offline listening. I don't think I have ever changed any settings either, so I am at a loss for what to do. Seeing as I just got Spotify I am trying to expand my library, but I don't want to download every single album and song I save to my music library.

Marked as solution

You may have set the Songs list to be available offline which, as I understand it, would cause anything you save to Your Library / Your Music to be downloaded.

If you turn that option off, you can then decide on a per album basis what you want to download.

@StevenR has it right. I can confirm that marking the Songs as downloadable will download all of my albums.

Suggested posts