Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect to a Device

Connect to a Device

Hey guys,

I have 4 Chromecast Audios attached to multiple sterios throughout our house (lounge, living, bedroom and garage) and as part of this in Google Home have set up certain groups (whole house, kitchen/lounge etc).

Up until the last few weeks all options have been available when I click on 'devices available' and connect to a device. However, the last few weeks i am only limited to 4 different options and all the others are missing?! 

I have reset my phone, updated to most up to date software etc and nothing is working. I know this problem is only limited to Spotify as on Soundcloud i still have all of my options available.

Can anyone please help me as this was the best thing about Spotify and something i use every day!

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben 

11 Replies

Hey,

Can you please post a screen-shot? You are missing devices in the device menu?

Yes correct I am missing devices. I attach 2 photos for you. One showing Spotify with the limited 4 options and the other photo showing SoundCloud which has the 8 set up in our house, all of which are useable on SoundCloud and were on Spotify up until a few weeks ago.

IMG_9116.png
IMG_9117.png

Hey, what Spotify app-version is this?

Version 8.4.52.796

Hey,

Which Cast FW versions do the devices have?

It is listed at the bottom of the device settings in the Google Home app.

I guess easiest is to screen shot it. I also guess all your devices have the same version, but check specifically Cast firware version for the Kitchen.

All cast versions are 1.30.111140.

I dont belive the chromecasts are the issue. I believe its Spotify. Its having all kinds of strange issues recently. Like when its connected to Bluetooth in the car, whenever i now make a phone call, when its ringing the music is also playing at the same time and will play over the top of a conversation. I have to hang up then make the call again for it to work properly and stop playing music so i can have a proper conversation. 

Again, i dont have this issue with SoundCloud. 

Seems very glitchy.... 

Thanks for reporting this, we have identified the issue with discovery of Chromecast devices.

What does that mean? I identified the issue, what’s the solution? How long until this will be resolved? 

Without going into specifics as I'm typing on my phone, just jumping in to say this has been a problem for me as well in the past couple weeks. Chromecast Audio devices not showing in the list. Everything has been uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, updated, etc etc etc. Devices are all seen on other apps. Just not from the Spotify app.

Yes, we are aware of the fact that it affects more users.

We are currently looking at how to fix this problem together with Google. 

As soon as a fix is available we will ship it.

When will this issue be fixed? I think i refund on my subscription for the last 6 months would be appropriate given that I havent been able to use it..

Suggested posts