Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to Mac

Connecting to Mac

I'm new to Spotify, thinking I should be able to control the music playing on my Mac Mini using my iPad via Connect. Not sure how to do but assume I should click on the connect button on my iPad and see/select my Mini, I only see my iPad, Apple TV, and Airport Express, not Mini. Mini has Airplay turned on. Or do I want my Airport Express ?
9 Replies

i'm thinking Airport Express, though i only ever used connect on a Speaker from an iPad.

I have a lot of devices on my Express not sure how it would select the Mini without an IP address. I'll chk it out, thks.

do you have the iPad open as well as Spotify on the Computer and does the Computer Recognize your iPad?

Yes to all except the iPad only shows in the Mini Devices when wire connected, so no to it. Could it be the Spoyify has not set up this desktop computer yet ?

just in case this is a glitch try a quick logout and login.

also double checking, ipad on Same Internet as Mac, as well as using the same Account?

Was No help. By 'maybe not set up yet' I meant Spotify doing whatever operating protocols needed to run on a Mac desktop.

perhaps, maybe one of the Staff members could better help you. they might know. https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Ok thks for the link.

you're Welcome. sorry for the Inconvience.

Suggested posts