Premium

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone 8 

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to play Spotify through the Puma Trac fitness app, but now it won't stay connected. After I connect I go to start run and select Music app, I check Spotify, it takes me to Spotify shows a checkmark like it connect, and then goes right back to "select a music app" on the Puma app. It's a vicious cycle.   I have tried un-installing and re-installing both apps. When I go into Spotify> Settings> to connect app > it is not an option. This only started a few days ago.

4 Replies

Hey there @evosmith,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the App, like it's described here. This includes clearing all app data from the device, before reinstalling.

Also make sure that Spotify and Pumatrac is granted all permissions from your App settings.

Since this started happening only recently, can you recall if you've had any updates on your device?

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So I did what the instructions ask and still no luck. I reinstalled the app per the instructions. Still says I connected but when I want to play music it asks me to chose either Spotify or Apple Music. I choose Spotify takes me to the Spotify app and gives me a quick checkmark (like it's connected) then it takes me back to the same screen on Puma Trac. I can do that over and over without any error messages but can never play music. 

Should Puma Trac be in the "Connected to Apps" section in the Settings section. 

Because it is not. 

Hey @evosmith,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If your Spotify account is connected to the Puma Trac app, you should be able to see it in this list in your account page. If it comes up there, but the issue persists despite a clean reinstall of both apps, it's worthwhile to revoke its access. Then, once liked again, the connection will be built anew from the ground up.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on! 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts