Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

I use an old secondary phone 6s for music in my car because I like having an AUX cord to plug in. I use the download feature for my playlist so I can listen on the road without wifi or data.

Recently, I've been experiencing crashes with Spotify during every single song that plays. I can never get through a full song without the app completely shutting down. 

I have tried updated my OS, updating the app, logging in and out of my account, restarting my phone, and deleting and reinstalling the app entirely. Deleting and reinstalling usually helps the problem for a few days, but the problem always comes back.

This is extremely frustrating and I have not found a single solution or fix that solves this issue permanently. 

3 Replies

Hi @shaunter,

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

Since you mentioned that the app seems to work fine after a reinstall, we'd first recommend giving these steps a try, as they can be very useful to clear any cache that might be causing this issue and it's different than simply reinstalling. 

Also, could you let us know if the issue persists when you log into your account using a different device? Does this happen when you activate the Offline Mode?

Lastly, let us know if you notice any difference when you use a different method to connect to your car, or if it's just when you're using the AUX cord.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for you reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

I’ve been having the same problem for a week now, both on my IPad (Air 2017) and my IPhone 11. It happens whenever I try to play a song, both in online and offline mode. I have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the app, deleting all the data and cache and the problem persists. More specifically, what happens is that halfway through a song playing in the background (doesn’t happen when I’m on Spotify), the app crashes and closes, making me go on the app again in order to play the song, which is usually rewinded to the very beginning. Moreover, it drains a lot of battery.

I have recorded my screen in order to show you the issue, nevertheless, it won’t allow me to upload it due to its big size, so let me know if there is an alternative way I can send it to you or someone who can help me solve this problem.

Thank you in advance

Hi @Pablick718,

Thanks for reaching out about this and letting us know what you've already tried.

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is currently looking into it. In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If you have any other questions, we'll be right here 🙂 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts