Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant crashing with the new update

Constant crashing with the new update

I literally listened to 10 songs in a row with a crash at the beginning of each song. And it reached a point where it just completely froze, something in my year of listening from my phone haven't experienced.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the entire reason behind the new update was to stop crashes, how on earth could you have made it worse?

2 Replies

Hi,

Have you tried a clean reinstall of Spotify? Might fix the problem.

How many playlists do you have, and how many are synced? If lots are, it may overload your iDevice RAM.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I'd really rather not reinstall seeing as I have a full offline library synced. That would take forever to get back. I have a lot of playlists, about 2,000.

It's definitely an app issue as opposed to a phone issue if that's what you're getting at. Spotify has been crashing regularly for about five months now. It happens at the beginning of songs at seemingly random times. I've pretty just much accepted the fact that Spotify isn't going to fix it, but now with the new update it literally crashed over and over again.

Suggested posts