Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

117 Replies

I have the same problem I've tried everything that's been said in here (reinstall etc.
Spotify version 8.3.0.896
iPhone 7 version 10.3.1
While it still does pause and skip while stationary it does it much more often when I'm moving around.
And as I'm a premium member this is especially frustrating and there doesn't seem to be any help from Spotify itself.

Same issue here. Iphone 6S plus, did a reinstall and tried locking the screen to potrait. No luck. Am also a premium member.

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)  

6s Plus

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

iOS 10.3.1

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

spotify version 8.4.0.623

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

Walking, no running. It pauses, skips track or voice control pops up.

5. About how many playlists do you have?

3 playlists

Could this please be fixed?

What I've found that actually does somewhat help is double tapping the home button; closing Spotify, disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones, then starting Spotify, my original fix didn't last long or work but this really is the only solution I found

I'm not sure if you have the same issue, but what I noticed was the dongle (lightning to headphone jack) was causing the issue.  I tested by just moving around the dongle while music was playing and it would pause, skip, etc as it would in my pocket.  Maybe get a new one or use the lightning headphones that came with the 7?

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and still hasnt solved my problem. The music also plays even though I have quit the app. 

1. Exact Device: iphone 6

2. Exact operating system: 10.3.1

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.0

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? it happens when the phone is unlocked and locked and can be from when i am putting it in my pocket or just holding it in my hand

5. About how many playlists do you have? I have/follow approx 50 but currently none are downloaded offline

I've just finished reinstalling it and I still have the exact same problem. My phone is an IPhone 6 IOS 10.3.1, Spotify version 8.4.0, it mainly happens when I start a song, within the first twenty seconds it will pause and then sometimes start to play again and it won't stop skipping the song 10 seconds at a time, I desperately need to this stop, I have around 270 songs but don't really use playlists just listen to my music straight from the saved songs section. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

I have the same skipping problem and Reinstall doesn't solve it? Pls can you help?
I have an iPhone 6 latest software

Thanks

1 iphone 5s

2 ios 10.3.1

3 spotify version 8.4.1

4 all the crashing happens when im walking or even sitting in a chair

5 i have 6 playlists

I have the same issue with my iphone 6 and the latest version of the software.  My songs pause and skip while listening, usually wheni ts in my pocket.  I deleted the app and reinstalled and it seems to be worse even. Please help

This is not solved. Please keep looking into what the issue is.

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)  

iPhone 6s

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

iOS 10.3.1

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

spotify version 8.4.1.772 (did a reset and re-download yesterday)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

Typically happens in my pocket and when in motion. Really annoying in the gym. Really annoying all the time actually. Sometimes it pauses and restarts by itself. Other times I have to manually press play again.

5. About how many playlists do you have?

About 20-25 playlists

Getting close to cancelling subscription, please fix.

Exactly the same issue so annoying
Marked as solution

I solved my problem. The issue was with my earphones.  I used the standard apple earbuds that come with the phone. I had this set for a year or more.  The issue was in the white piece on the earphone that has the buttons for volume control and pause. Sorry, not sure what the part of the earphone is called.

Anyway, I read that that may have been the cause of my problem. So I tried someone elses earphones and they worked fine. I bought new earphones yesterday and the guy at Best Buy told me its a common problem with apple earphones.

So new earphones may solve your issue. Hope this helps

Hi. I still encounter the problem even after reinstalled it. Here's the detail:
1. iPhone 7 Plus
2. iOS 10.3.1
3. Spotify app ver. 8.4.1.772
4. Randomly skips track (but mostly pause the music) when I lower my phone or put it inside my pants' pocket, even though I have locked the screen to make sure it's not accidentally pressed.
5. I only have 7 playlists that I created myself.

Same issue here. Really annoying. Can't walk with music as it just stops or pauses. I reinstalled Spotify, signed out of all devices, updated latest iOS but it still pauses when the phone moves even the slightest bit?

Is there a solution to this? I recently started having the same issues. I tried using my friend's earpiece and adapter and it seems to be working fine with my phone. Not sure which is the issue, the iphone, earpiece, spotify app or the adapter. I just bought the premium account and this problem is very disappointing. Can Spotify please look into this problem here? Thank you.

Yes, the problem was with my earphones. New earphones and everything works fine again

The problem was in earphones. New earphones and everything works fine again

That worked! Thank you!

So I've also noticed it's in the earphones. Specifically If the headphones have a microphone price. I used to use my turtle beach Xbox one headset with the microphone detached and the music would still skip. However once I used a regular pair of headphones without a mic part I can flip the phone and the music won't skip.

I am having the same problem. I have reinstalled and I have updated my phone logged out logged back in restarted my phone and still Spotify continuously pauses and skips. Siri randomly appears sometimes too (not sure if that's relevant.)

Suggested posts