Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skipping and pausing

Solved!

Constant skipping and pausing

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if this is corelated to the issues I'm having with Spotify. Although, it only happens when the app is running. AND, just recently, I would close the app but music would start playing whenever I open another app while Spotify is closed. It sounds like either my phone is going haywire or there are some serious bugs in the recent updates. 

Also, I've noticed that these issues all started for me when the new "running" feature was launched.

Please help.

117 Replies

1. Exact Device: iPhone 5S

2. Exact operating system iOS 11.2.6

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.43

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

Walking, riding bike, screen locked, headphones in, music playing, phone in pocket or hand. 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

1. Exact Device:  iPhone 7 
2. Exact operating system: iOS 11.3
3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.46.736
4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? It happens mainly when I have my headphones in and I’m holding my phone when walking around. I use the apple headphones that came with the phone. I’m a premium user and this never used to happen

5. About how many playlists do you have? 5

Hi spotify, 

still having this problem with an iPhone 7 plus. Can we fix this problem? And please be fair! I have tried everything in this topic and nothing works. I Will stop subscribe if this problem Will not be solved. 

Hey! Help arrive! Could you tell your experiencing issue please?
Also it would be better if you can provide a screenshot.
Thank you 😊

After months of not hearing back from Spotify, I finally worked out that the issue I was experiencing was my headphones. I’m not sure if this will help everyone if their headphones aren’t the issue but thought I’d share it in case it helps a few people. 

Just on principle I feel like I should unsubscribe to premium and join Apple Music instead for the shite service Spotify gives. 

Hi also have the same problemmmm! I thought there was a problem with my phone... ah thanks for shearing

same issue here for past few months.  mostly when moving around.  no other apps are affected so it clearly has something to do with Spotify.  have deleted and reinstalled and same problem.  i'm a premium member and need a fix!

I've been having the same issue for the last few weeks. I returned my earphones and got new ones thinking that earphones are the problem, but apparently not. I'm having the same problem with the new earphones and another pair with controls. I wonder if it's related to the lightning jack adapter?

1. Exact Device: iPhone 7

2. Exact operating system: iOS 11.3.1

3. Spotify app version installed: 8.4.52.796

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

Moving around with the phone in my pocket or hand.

5. About how many playlists do you have?

It does it in my phone also.  My phone is an iPhone 7S Plus, my IOS is 11.3, but I don’t know my Spotify version. 

solved this issue by changing my lightning headphone jack adapter. Apparently, my adapter was the problem, not Spotify or my phone or earphones.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I've re-installed the app, and updated to the latest iOS, but the issue persists! Aggghhh!

For me this was a problem with iOS rather than Spotify. 

In “Settings / Display & Brightness” there is an option called “Raise to wake”. The purpose of this is to turn the screen on when you pick up the phone. However, I found the phone was misreading the motion of me walking and was waking in my pocket and displaying the lock screen controls for Spotify. My pocket was pressing pause / forward / backward buttons.

turn raise to wake off. Simple. 

Hey, clean the opening for the charging you phone. It worked for me to clean it with a toothpick

Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 android 7.0. The app version is 8.4.55.521 armV7. The skipping/pausing has only started in the last few weeks for no apparent reason. I already tried a reinstall and only have 1 playlist. Any suggestions much appreciated. 

Try changing the lightning to aux adapter, clear the lightning port or turn off Siri. I did the 2 latter things, and that worked for me. Still using the same adapter.

I'm having this problem on my new pixel 2.. seems to only happen (for me) with the dongle attachment plugged to my external speakers when I work out. Haven't had an issue on Bluetooth with mine yet. Didn't have this problem with my old phone and it's standard aux plug. I'm wondering if something about the way the phones OS detects for the external speaker connection is stuttering and causing Spotify to think it was unplugged which is meant to pause spotify.. when Bluetooth disconnects, Spotify also pauses. Maybe a similar mechanism. One thing Im quite sure about is that this is a software issue, not hardware as many have suggested.

I have the same problem on my iphone 7, iOS 11.4. and the previous one. It changes the songs and start the app without me doing nothing. This happens while walking with my headphones. Strange it happens also with iTunes. 

Hey,

New earphones solved the problem for me.

Suggested posts