Continue playing playlist when finished on Spotify Connect speaker

Solved!

Continue playing playlist when finished on Spotify Connect speaker

Plan

Premium 

Device

iPhone8, Libratone Zipp Mini speaker

My Question or Issue

I've made a playlist. When the playlist is finished it doesn't automatically continue playing similar songs. I found out this is because I always play via an external speaker (Libratone Zipp Mini) which is connected with Spotify Connect. 

When I disable Spotify Connect it does continue playing after the playlist is finished.

Is there a way I can have this behavior while playing via the speaker?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @Sire105,

We understand what you mean, and would like to explain more about this. 

The difference between the Connect feature, with its current functionality, and output devices directly connected to your device, is that the Connect feature doesn't stream data directly from your device to play, but instead finds tracks from the internet and plays them from there. Your controlling device can be viewed as a command center, but doesn't directly stream music to your speaker when using the Connect feature. This is why the two output options are viewed as two separate things.

As @Guido mentioned, feel free to add an idea to the Idea exchange board. Other people can vote for it and contribute to the discussion. 

Also, please feel free to get back to us if you have any more questions about this. Hope that explains things!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Sire105.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The Autoplay feature is currently not available when streaming through Spotify Connect. The Radio feature works however! It's similar to Autoplay, try it out 🙂

Fee free to post any ideas or feedback you have in the Ideas Exchange.

Let us know if you have further questions. We'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Thanks,

I am aware of the similarity of Radio feature. But it's not quite the same.

I always add new songs to my favorite playlists and often only listen to the 10 latest added tracks. It's kind of a bummer it can't autocontinue with Spotify Connect.

But most of all: I don't understand why my user experience should be any different whether I play via headpones of external speaker... I expect the same behavior.

Is this a 'feature' that will be added in the near future?

Marked as solution

Hey again @Sire105,

We understand what you mean, and would like to explain more about this. 

The difference between the Connect feature, with its current functionality, and output devices directly connected to your device, is that the Connect feature doesn't stream data directly from your device to play, but instead finds tracks from the internet and plays them from there. Your controlling device can be viewed as a command center, but doesn't directly stream music to your speaker when using the Connect feature. This is why the two output options are viewed as two separate things.

As @Guido mentioned, feel free to add an idea to the Idea exchange board. Other people can vote for it and contribute to the discussion. 

Also, please feel free to get back to us if you have any more questions about this. Hope that explains things!

Suggested posts