Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Control Center on iOS 11

Control Center on iOS 11

Hello, I am having major problems being able to control spotify from my lock screen and control center. I downloaded iOS 11 a couple weeks ago, and I think that's the issue. Instead of seeing spotify in my control center when a song is playing, I see the word "music" which doesn't seem to control anything.

Is there a fix for this? I've tried a soft restart, re-installing the app, turning off my phone. None work permanently. Help!!

14 Replies

I'm aslo having trouble. I updated my ios11 a couple weeks ago and the new dock and multi-taks features on the upgrade will no longer allow spotify to have an audio at the bottom of my ipad screen while I have a notes app up. I've talked with technical support at Apple twice and each time they've said it's a Spotify issue that needs to be resolved. I teach classes that require me to instruct commands that are timed with the music, so I really need a notes app up while I can still see the full audio timeframe displayed. Ugh!

Same here! It's so frustrating and definitely only started since updating to iOS 11. Hopefully there's an uproar and it gets resolved asap.

Yes, I hope more people reach out to let Spotify know, I think the fix needs to happen on their end. I have a genius bar appointment today, so I'll let you know if there's some kind of fix or work around. Ugh. I wish I never would have updated!

Everytime I go offline on Spotify I can't access the Spotify menu in the control panel??? I can't skip songs anymore I have to go into the app and tap the next song and I haven't even updated to the latest iOS?

IMG_2764.PNG

So it only shows this and won't let me push play, pause, skip or go back. 

I have to turn my data on or be on wifi to be able to do all of that. And my account is premium as well

IMG_2765.PNG
IMG_2766.PNG

Yikes. That doesn't sound like fun. I made sure I updated my Spotify app in case they fixed the bug. But, the problem is still there.

It sounds like Spotify really needs to fix these bugs to make things compatible with the ipad update. 

So, I just back from a genius appointment. They confirmed that the problem is on Spotify's side. They said Spotify needs to update its app so it's compatible with the new multitask side bar on the ipad.

Looks like we're just gonna have to wait for Spotify to pull their fingers out their **bleep** and bring out an update then!... 

This is probably down to Spotify as well but I can't even press pause or skip on my bluetooth headphones... so again... I have to go in the actual app to change or pause my music. Dammittt

I use spotify on my runs in the morning and I've experienced not being able to pause music or skip songs using the headphones! Which is extremly frustrating because I would have to stop the run, look at my phone and swipe up to launch the control center to pause or change songs and THIS DOESN'T EVEN WORK! 

This is an huge inconvenience when you're running 5 times a day!

I got spotify to work in the control center again. I followed Spoitfy's troubleshooting directions in the iOS forum and deleted the app and reinstalled. I can now control the music with the control center. 

I have not checked if this fixed the connection to my bluetooth audio in my car or the controlling with headphones yet. But it's a start. 

Okay guys, it's not spotifys fault, but apples. Spotify can't do anything about it, but if it bugs you a lot hard restart your phone. Long press home and power button (pre iphone 7 & iphone se) long press power and vol don button for iphone 7 and iphone 8.

Interesteing. I'm not sure if it will work with an ipad, but I'll try. Thx.

That's a pain in the **bleep**.

Suggested posts