Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Control Panel on Iphone5 missing from locked screen - tried reinstalling the App

Control Panel on Iphone5 missing from locked screen - tried reinstalling the App

6 Replies

Hi,

Just to clarify: when you are listening to a song on Spotify, the lock screen does not present any player controls? What version of iOS are you running? 

Yes mate, exactly that - ios 7.1.2

Be patient with me i'm new to all this!

This is strange, I don't think I've ever seen this problem on iOS.

Can you try soft rebooting your phone by holding down the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on the screen and see if that makes any difference? 

That works for a while then I'll be out and want to change song as the shuffle feature seems to play the same songs over and over and...gone.
A friend has just shown me you get the same control panel when you swipe up on the phone (great) but still would the full screen controls that show the album cover etc..

It's weird that they disappear. Do the controls in Control Center continue to work?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've been having this same bug too.  It isn't a big deal, but it is frustrating when the lockscreen album & controls are there sometimes, but not others.

I did the suggestion where I swipe up the iOS controls.  Here I pause the song, then continue the song, then the controls & album shows on the lockscreen.  I guess this is an acceptable solution.

Suggested posts