Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Couldn't fast forward to next song on playlist

Couldn't fast forward to next song on playlist

So I was on my way to work today listening to a chillout playlist from browse.  I didn't like the current song so wanted to fast forward to the next track and noticed the buttons were greyed out.  I couldn't go back or forward with the buttons.  Yes, I'm a Premium user.  Why would this be? 

Paul
5 Replies

Was this inside Spotify or on the lock screen?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This was in Spotify.  I could navigate around in the app, star songs, shuffle/un-shuffle, but couldn't fast-forward or rewind.

Paul

Hi, when when you say "unshuffle", do you mean you can play an album or playlist in its "normal" order?  What I'm wondering is if you have the "Premium" level account.  When you look at your account overview by logging into the Spotify website, what does it have as your subscription status?  The Free and Unlimited levels only allow you to shuffle play in the iPhone app (or mobile apps in general).  You need the Premium level to get out of shuffle mode and get all the features available.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Doh!  I see you said you have Premium, but it might be worth checking your status in the link to confirm you still have it.  Also, you can try killing the Spotify app by double-clicking the home button, scrolling to spotify, and swiping up.  If that doesn't clear the problem, you could always delete the app and reinstall it.  It's a pain because you'll have to resync any offline playlists, but it's fixed some odd problems for me in the past when nothing else has worked

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hey robzim, thanks for your feedback.  So I think I've figure out the issue.  It's a problem with my connection with my car.  I have a USA Spec ipod integration kit and I think by connecting it to that it's causing problems.  I need to play around with it a little more because I haven't changed the mode to "direct" with the phone so that might help.

When I use Spotify on the phone without connecting it to the USA Spec everything seems to be in order.  Just trying to get use to the UI.  I find it a little clunky to navigate around.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul

Suggested posts