Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Solved!

Crash on iOS 8 - still!!!!

Spotify on my iPhone 5S still crashes on startup!!
I've got iOS 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.8.0 (updated Oct. 3rd, newest available version in Norway) 

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on my phone.

I have a premium account, and haven't been able to use it since iOS 8 came - extremely frustrating.

Hope to get help soon!!!! Miss my music 🙂

Brg

Gry

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!

Marked as solution

It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

Marked as solution

Go to settings > General > select Language & Region... Now if your correct region is already selected choose a diferent one and change it back to your location. Doing this fix my Spotify

Marked as solution

Hey everyone! If you're still having issues with crashes after installing the lastest iOS release (1.9.0) please let us know here. 

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was investigated! 

Marked as solution

In the latest Spotify update 2.8, they implimented some jailbreak detection. So any JB devices will not work. The fix... install a Tweek package or an app like Flex from cydia and add patches for any app that will bypass the jailbreak detection. Tada it works!!!!

Marked as solution

I thought it very odd but for some reason this worked for me.  I did this and it finally excepted my user name and password. Before it was saying I alrerady had an account under this username when I just tried to log in.  It was like catch 22. 

Try this : Go into setting-General-Language&Region. Make sure it says Sweden ( or whatever your region is) . If it's already on Sweden, move it to a different country and then change it back to your country.

107 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @GryFy, welcome to the community!

Some users have had success using the following steps (it's a little different then uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Hold down home and power button until Apple logo appears

2. Reinstall Spotify

Let me know if that works for you! 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

The Same problem here. Tried the above but still don't work!! Help!!!

Nop. sorry - but it still crashes....

Having the same issues and it's very frustrating. I have the new iPhone 6 128GB so I sync all my music at 'Extreme' and it seems to be crashing the app out after no more than a minute or two.

As a side note, I opened the app in offline mode and that seemed to stop the issue but that's kinda pointless for online streaming.

I tried to open it in flightmode, but it still crashes. It doesn't even open on my phone, so I can't change the settings via the app. But I have removed all of the "available offline" playlists via my computer.

@Skippy79 & @mrchrisroden Hi there, have you both upgraded to the lastest Spotify update (1.8.0)? If you have and you're still getting a crash please let us know--thank you!

Yes, running the latest versions of both IOS 8 and Spotify.

Thanks--I've just sent a private message to you guys @mrchrisroden @GryFy @Skippy79 

Please take a look at your Community inbox when you get the chance.

The 1.8 version on iOS 8.0.2 does not work for me, too. Spotify crashes on startup.  (iphone 5s)

Hi guys,

I've tried everything you said. But my iPhone 5S doesn't want to launch the app.
I've been paying for years and couldn't use since a whole week.

Please help us guys

Yes, I am having the same issue and have tried all of the above suggestions with no success. I have the iPhone 6 and haven't been able to access my music since I got my phone last month. I have a premium subscription, and I am close to cancelling because I can't access my music, so why am I paying the money for it?

Please send suggestions or push an update ASAP.

Thank you!

I am having the same problem. I've deleted, restarted, and reinstalled repeatedly. I've had this problem for a week or more now! iOS 8.0.2. iPhone 5S, just tried again, so it's happening with the latest version of Spotify. 😞
Marked as solution

Problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meredith no need to change my password. 

However if this does not work (it should), try doing a clean reinstall of the app. ( my was set on usa, changed it, reinstalled an now, voilà!!
Marked as solution

It worked!!! Had to restart, but now everything works perfectly!
Thank you 🙂

Yeey!!!

thank you! 🙂

@Skippy79 wrote:

@problem solved you guys! Works perfectly now!!!  @meahtenoha no need to change my password. 

jesus...this fixed it for me. I haven't been able to run spotify on my 6+ since I got my phone

I hace tríed everything hut etilo doesnt world.
What can i do?

Thank you!!

Suggested posts