Crash viewing albums on Iphone Xs ios 12.1.4

Crash viewing albums on Iphone Xs ios 12.1.4

Premium

US

Device

Iphone Xs ios 12.1.4

app version: 8.4.97.900

My Question or Issue

Within the last week, attempting to view "Albums" from "Your Library" results in the app consistently crashing. Clearing the cache did not fix the issue.

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Problem still persists and the versions are posted in the original message.

I've narrowed down the issue to if the album view sort is set to "recently add". Somehow I got it off that view and it wasn't crashing but when I changed it back , it started crashing again. Making me think an album I've added to my library recently is causing the crash when it's being show in the album view

Hey @jlintz,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Does this happen if you add an album now there and sort it by Recently Added?

Also, if possible could you share a screenrecording?

Keep me posted 🙂

Here's what is happening. I first just show trying to navigate to the album section, then try adding a new album and going to the album section. Both result in the app crashing

Hey @jlintz,

Thanks your the info 🙂

I see you were using Connect, does this happen if you're just listening through your iPhone?

If possible could you try that on another iPhone with your Spotify account?

Does this happen if you sign in with another Spotify account on your iPhone X?

Let me know how that goes.

Doesn't matter if I'm on connect or not. I don't have another iphone to try this on

Hey @jlintz,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

If possible could you try that with another Spotify account on your iPhone?

Keep me in the loop.

Suggested posts