Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.1.3

My Question or Issue

My daily mixes have previously been great. I listen to a few diffrent genres and each of my mixes for those are great. I mostly listen to Christian and worship music. The Christian music i listen to is "k love" music and alternative rock Christian music. Spotify seperates these into two daily mixes which i love. These two have been swapping places which is alright I guess. My problem lies with the "k love"/"worship" music daily mix. i have a "worship lullaby" playlist which is just instrumentals and its something i use very rarely when i can't sleep at night. I have not used this playlist in months. It has never been in my daily mix. Now it is being pulled into my daily mix. Listen, no one wants to listen to instrumental lullaby worship music on their way to work. This is super annoying. 

The two Christian music mixes have been kind blending into each other I guess too. I understand since its similar genres but it used to be separate so why is it suddenly doing this? 

4 Replies

Agree 100%. Mine are terrible now. Used to have hard rock, rap, country etc. All seperated. Now I have Frank Sinatra and K.D. Lang showing up with Led Zeppelin! Please go back to the old way guys. This is horrible.  I used to use them every day, now I don't even bother.

Yeah the changes to Daily Mix have pretty much ruined Spotify for me. They were my favourite feature.

I'm looking at alternatives to Spotify now but haven't found one that has anything like the old Daily Mixes. If anyone's got any recommendations let me know!

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

The Daily Mixes get switched up and updated with music similar to the one saved in your library, but also with track that users with similar tastes have liked. The aim is for you to have an easier time discovering new songs that you would otherwise possibly miss. We're sorry to hear that your recent playlists haven't been exactly what you've expected.

We recommend that you keep liking new content and expanding your collection. This way the algorithms will pick up on your preferences quicker and the made for you content will gradually improve over time.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah but the thing is that people like more than one type of music!

I like indie folk and I like pop rock - they don’t belong side-by-side in the same playlist!!!

Suggested posts