Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

iPhone 7+

Operating System
iOS 13.3.1

My Issue

I am currently connected to the WiFi and I have been trying different ways to turn the Data Saver Off because I can't change the streaming quality and/or turn on the canvas. But when I switch to Data, then I could turn it on/off. 

17 Replies

Hey there @victoryiiaa

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried restarting the iPhone? This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I'm having the exact same problem.  I've turned off low data mode in my iPhone OS settings, have turned my phone on and off again, have uninstalled and re-installed Spotify and no matter what, so long as I am connected to WiFi, Spotify will not let me disable Data Saver mode.  When I disconnect from WiFi, Data Saver turns off.

Which is maddening, and makes zero sense, because I only want to stream on high quality when I'm connected to WiFi, and prefer low or normal quality when using cellular data in order to save the data in my plan.

I very much hope Spotify will fix this bug.  Am considering switching to Amazon music because of this issue.  Am using an iPhone 10 with IOS 13.3.1.

Hello

I have the same issue. When this option is going to be back?

My iphone xr had same issue. Evently I found out the root cause is not spotify app, but iphone. At iphone wifi, click the (i) info icon of the connected wifi , you can turn off the "Low Date Mode" for wifi. Enjoy the very high quality music!!!

My iPhone XR had the same issue.  I found out the root cause is not Spotify app, but iPhone. At iPhone wifi setting, click the (i) info icon of the connected wifi, you can turn off the "Low Date Mode" for wifi. Enjoy very high-quality music!!!

Even Spotify can’t fix this. God’s will 😉

Worked for me, thanks!!

Same for me. Android 12, switched off datasaving in phone settings, but Spotify still on Datasaver, refuses to switch off. Restarting phone diesn't make any difference. 

Time for Spotify to tackle and solve this.

Hey there @Tge,

Thanks for posting.

This sounds like there could be corrupted app data on your phone, since the app doesn't save the settings.

It's best to do a reinstall of the app following this Guide to clear corrupted files and get the latest app version.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

grandeee nano

IPHONE SOLUTION:

If you go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Mode > Allow More Data on 5G. 

This was switched to low data mode upon getting my new phone even after iCloud backup restore, but immediately let me switch data saver off. 

Hey @hero76ftw,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now after that process. We appreciate the time you took sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its very easy to fix. Its in your spoftify settings at the start. Turn of audio quality. 

Three years later and it is still happening. Why does spotify not care about the app at all

Its better just to go Wi-Fi setting and the i in the circle and then deselect low data. Its all. Hope it help

Just had this problem myself. My issue ended up being that the wifi I was on had low data mode enabled. Went to settings -> wifi ->(i) symbol for your given connected wifi network->toggle low data mode. This allowed me to go back to Spotify and edit quality of sound while on wifi

"You can solve this problem; I solved it. Go to Spotify app settings (long press the Spotify app and tap 'info' or go to it; you will get to the Spotify app settings). Select 'Data Usage,' then turn on background data. Close the app, open it again. This worked for me on Android."You can solve this problem; I solved it. Go to Spotify app settings (long press the Spotify app and tap 'info' or go to it; you will get to the Spotify app settings). Select 'Data Usage,' then turn on background data. Close the app, open it again. This worked for me on Android."

Suggested posts