Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Playlists

Delete Playlists

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Is there any way to delete/"edit"/remove playlists from your recently played or personal playlists? On the older version, you could "edit" your recently played to delete playlists that appeared there. I am also unable to find how to delete my OWN playlists. This update is trash....

11 Replies

Hey @50steph, help's arrived!

You should be able to remove, edit and organize your playlists. I'd recommend checking this guide and select 'Mobile and Tablet' under 'Made for You' section.

I'll be right here if you have any more questions ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes on the old version that is how you edited playlists. I am talking about the newest update 

I have the same problem after I updated the app last week. Apparently the only way to delete " recently played" is to do on the desktop. On the desktop, there are 2 " recently played" areas: under HOME & YOUR LIBRARY. All " recently played" under "HOME" are still there even after I deleted "recently Played" under " YOUR LIBRARY". That said, nothing were deleted on my iphone nor my ipad. I was on chat with the rep and the case is now sending to the IT. I hope to hear from them soon. Hope the info help.

Thank you! This is the first real information I have received about this issue. Please let me know what IT says. 

will do with pleasure.

Compounded when kids ask for silly songs on google home and adds to your recently played thereby affecting the recommends algorithim. Needs addressing as a simply right click on web app or swipe/dislike/not interested on phone should allow for junk to be removed.

Also curious if family plan causes recently played to show from any member in my recently played?.

Re delete playlist, Try this - go into Your Library, click open the playlist you want to delete, then either uncheck the green heart, or uncheck โ€œfollowingโ€ , that list will be removed once you go back to library. There are some old playlist that can still click the three dots and delete... donโ€™t know why they made this change, this is opposite of intuitive.

Im not sure if this is just on my iPad, but Iโ€™m pretty sure this will work on all devices. So basically, if you go into the playlist, next to the play button- well, FAR to the left of the play button- there is a ... button next to the download button. If you press that, scroll down a bit and one of the options is โ€œDelete Playlistโ€ or something like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

I click Delete Playlist. Nothing happens. I click Remove from my Library. It's still there. I click the heart. It stays green. This is a bug. Fix it.

Hey there @128259116,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you tell us the make, model, exact OS version of your device and your Spotify version.

Also have you tried to delete/like any playlist from another device or the Web player and see if it works there.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts