Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete of downoaded songs iphone

Solved!

Delete of downoaded songs iphone

Hi eveybody

Maybe somebody can help me!

How can I remove resp. delete my "downloaded" spotify songs from my iPhone because my memory is to big?

Thanks and best regards
Deanz

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Deanz, the storage space should become avaialble after flipping the Available Offline. Maybe try logging in and out or restarting your device after you've flipped the switch and seeing if the space becomes available then.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Figured it out
Delete the app - it removes everything but it's an awful customer experience.
Using Apple Music now

Marked as solution

I love the feature that you are talking about and it does seem to solve everyone's problems.  Unfortunately, the feature isn't available on all phones.  I'm on a family premium account and I have the only phone with this feature in the group.  I keep trying to figure out how to get it for the others, but am about to give up.  It should be available to everyone.

Marked as solution

There is a downloads menu option available in some people's "Your Library" menu.  That is wonderful at managing your downloads.  However, it appears that not everyone has that feature available.  I am not sure why this is.  If you could figure out how to get this feature your problems would be solved.

28 Replies

Hello @Deanz, welcome to the spotify community!

Go to My Music and to any offline content (eg Playlists) and turn the Available Offline tab off.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi jeremygoh

Thanks for your help! So you mean resp. know that when I have a Playlist which I downloaded on my iPhone (Available Offline "On")  and I turn (under this Playlist) the function "Available Offline" to "Off" again, the storage of this songs will be canceled from my iPhone?

Thanks

Regards,

Deanz

@Deanz Yeah, when you flick the switch off you have to give the app about a few minutes (and you can head to settings -> general -> usage) and you'll see that your disk space has increased.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi jeremygoh

Just now I tested that! I took a playlist and switched on the "available Offline" function, so I had this Playlist as offline songs. After that I switched for this Playlist the Offline-funktion to "Off" again but after more than 30 minutes the storage on my iPhone is still the same?!

Do I something wrong or what?

Thx,

Deanz

Marked as solution

Hey Deanz, the storage space should become avaialble after flipping the Available Offline. Maybe try logging in and out or restarting your device after you've flipped the switch and seeing if the space becomes available then.

No, you didn't.  The problem is that the "solution" here doesn't work.  Turning the offline from on to off doesn't accomplish anything.  There's a similar thread now 4 years old here:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-do-I-delete-the-synced-offline-files-from-my-iP..., and as you'll see, this is a long time bug with Spotify.  Do I have a better solution?  No.

You can only do that in PC versions on Spotify

Under "Library" the last choice is Downloads.  Click there and undownload it all.  Leave it streaming if you have the data plan.  That way you never have to worry about it filling up your Iphone.  Or just do a playlist, then download that.  When you are tired of that  - delete and create new!

There's no Downloaded at the end of the library on iphone...

This is a pain in the **bleep** of Spotify. I should be able to seee whats downloaded and just remove it all, whithout having to touch my library.

Marked as solution

Figured it out
Delete the app - it removes everything but it's an awful customer experience.
Using Apple Music now
Marked as solution

I love the feature that you are talking about and it does seem to solve everyone's problems.  Unfortunately, the feature isn't available on all phones.  I'm on a family premium account and I have the only phone with this feature in the group.  I keep trying to figure out how to get it for the others, but am about to give up.  It should be available to everyone.

For me this is not a solution as I need to download the playlists I want to have offline once again. Is there still no better way?

regards from Germany / Nürnberg

As far as I know you can download the playlists after deletion and then you can keep those. Just be mindful of your space.

That cannot be a solution! I don't want to download again and again the playlists, which I want to have offline.

Spotify keeps your playlists through your account. If you delete and reinstall, it clears your songs that have been downloaded, but you still have your playlists. If you can get the download feature you can more easily manage your downloads.

Yes, but when my iPhone storage is full I have to delete the whole Spotify-App and thus also all my downloaded songs, but I just want to delete some of my (old) songs/playlists and not all of them.

Marked as solution

There is a downloads menu option available in some people's "Your Library" menu.  That is wonderful at managing your downloads.  However, it appears that not everyone has that feature available.  I am not sure why this is.  If you could figure out how to get this feature your problems would be solved.

It's a premium feature.

I'm premium and it doesn't appears on iphone 5

Suggested posts