Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting album tracks

Deleting album tracks

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to delete a track by tapping ‘...’ and selecting remove. This option seems to have disappeared, does anyone have a solution ? I don’t use playlists

Iphone XS , Spotify premium

TIA

13 Replies

Hi @Sammydreep, thanks for writing!

This option is still available. When you go to Songs in the iOS mobile app, just choose an album, then tap the three dotted sign, and remove the song you want.

Can you paste a screenshot of what you see when trying to do this?

What's your iOS version an Spotify version?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply, I sent 3 replies via email but they haven’t shown up. 

I downloaded the app to my iPad and the option is there , but not on the iPhone.

Does that offer any clues?

iPad version is 

9BB75230-3C91-459F-9322-6B62BBCCE4E3.png
5DEF1DDE-40D2-41D5-BE60-CCC7825AF0F1.png
019ACD5D-3410-42E6-8289-03721B4C1ADC.png

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Where are you trying to remove that songs? Does this happen with other songs? Could also attach a screenshot of what does it look like in your iPad? 

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks, maybe I should have been clearer.

The photo showing ‘remove’ is from the iPad and is how the iPhone used to look. It now looks like the first photo( Like, add to playlist etc) no option to remove.

Ive restarted the app, iPhone and deleted and installed Spotify again. Still the same

Hey @Sammydreep,

I've just checked in iPhone XS (Spotify version 8.4.90.684) and it also won't show the remove option in the Albuns tab, while the same version on the iPhone X does show this option. 

Maybe it's something temporary, and it might return in next version.

As you've already tried to get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff through e-mail, I suggest you use the available social media channels. One is via Twitter - just send them a Direct Message @SpotifyCares.

Another great way is to use the Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares. They generally reply very quickly and might give you further information on this issue.

Hope this is more helpful. Keep me posted 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thanks , Ive sent them the enquiry . Wil let you know any outcome

Ok @Sammydreep, it shouldn't take long.

Keep me posted!

BittencourtSpotify Star

No reply from Spotify, and there has just been an update to the app on the iphone. Still no option to remove.

Hey @Sammydreep,

You should've received a confirmation email when they sent out the contact form. Did you?

Besides, you can contact Spotify via Twitter - just send them a Direct Message @SpotifyCares.

You can also use the Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey @Sammydreep,

In addition to what @Bittencourt suggested, if you've asked for email support and if you got an automated reply, just reply to it and an agent should reply back soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

I sent it via twitter, no response afaik

I have exactly the same problem and I cannot find a solution! I used to be able to remove songs form albums but not any more in the iOS app. It works OK with my Mac though!

Yes this has also happened to me. I cannot delete individual album songs on my iphone and my iphone version has restored all my edited albums back to full tracklisting! My laptop version is still running fine. This is really frustrating! 

Whereas once both my laptop and iphone ran in perfect harmony now the iphone is going off on it's own tangent. 

Suggested posts