Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developer] How can you force downloads to Iwatch

[Developer] How can you force downloads to Iwatch

I have all updated software on my phone and on my watch and I have the latest spotify app loaded on my I Watch 5.  It downloaded about half of my podcasts and now it won't download anymore.  It downloaded 4 and I have 3 more to go.  It's just stuck.  I have tried to restart everything, turn off bluetooth and turn back on but no success.  I have also made sure that they are both on the same WIFI.  

Can Spotify let me know when a download has completed?  That would be great.

How do they download?  WIFI, Bluetooth or a combination?

This app seems to have the same issue as the Podcast app from Apple. Coincidence?

I Have cellular on my Iwatch and when I try to listen live it works about a third of the time.  Most of the time I have to restart my watch and that takes 5-10 minutes and most of my walking has already started.

1 Reply

Hi there @12129655431

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app on your phone. This process is more thorough than the usual one.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try the following steps?:

• Restart the devices.
  • Reinstall the app on the watch.
  • Re-pair the watch with your phone.

On another note, we'd recommend taking a look at this article for more info about how Spotify works on the watch.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts