Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device detection - Virgin Media (Superhub 2) Wi-Fi

Device detection - Virgin Media (Superhub 2) Wi-Fi

Hey,

I just switched my broadband service from BEthere to Virgin Media, and I am now using the Superhub 2 for Wi-Fi.  I still have my BEthere internet connection until the end of the month. I have Spotify Premium, and I use Spotify on my Desktop computer, as well as the Spotify iOS app with an iPhone 5S on iOS7.

With my computer connected to my BEthere router via Ethernet cable, and my iPhone connected to the BEthere Wi-Fi and running the app, Spotify detects my phone in the Desktop software, and I can sync local files to my phone.

However with the new Virgin Media Superhub 2 router connected to the desktop computer via Ethernet and my iPhone connected to the Virgin Media Wi-FI, Spotify doesn't detect the device.  I think this might be something to do with the Superhub running on two different Wi-Fi bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz) - however I have tried with my phone connected to both 'bands' , to no avail.

Has anyone experienced the same problem, or have any ideas about how I could resolve this problem?

Cheers,

Iain

1 Reply

After contacting Spotify Support I have now tried opening the suggested ports on my router, with no success - the device is still not detected in the desktop client.

I also tried activating the 'Personal Hotspot' option on my iPhone and connecting the computer to my phone's 3G connection via USB cable, but the device is still not detected.

So it seems that the problem is not only isolated to the Superhub.

If no one can help with this problem I'll sadly have to cancel my subscription.  The service has been flawless up to this point.

Suggested posts