Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device lost when audio source changed on laptop

Device lost when audio source changed on laptop

Hey guys,

A complicated one.

So I have my iPad plugged into a speaker (3.5MM jack.) The iPad is connected to my wifi network as is my laptop (windows 10.) When I start playing music from the iPad through the speaker I am able to skip to the next song using my laptop no problem at all – everything works.

However, usually when I pause my music on my laptop its because I’m going to make a phone call. When I make a phone call on Skype my laptop automatically uses an alternative audio source (my USB headset.) The second I initiate the phone call my laptop has switched audio source away from the ipad and immediately on Spotify it stops showing the green bar at the bottom ‘playing on ipad.’ When I go to play music again on spotify the music comes through my USB headset. If I click ‘devices available’ the iPad is no longer in the list. I have to then go over to my iPad and click play in order for this to start working again.

Any ideas how to get this working better?

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed.

Could you send us the exact Spotify version numbers? Also, are you able to try using a different Spotify account to see if it behaves the same?

In the meantime, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts