Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Hi, since yesterday my Spotify does not sync between my phone and desktops (Windows 10). I have been switching between devices for years even when the phone is on mobile (4G) network and the desktops are on the wifi it worked perfectly. Now, it works still between the desktops but not on my phone. Even when switching to Wifi it connects briefly and sees the other devices, but then it still plays two different songs on the phone and desktops. Would be great to have this fixed as I use this feature many times per day. Thanks!

7 Replies

Hey @adwef,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force an account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nice try. I've run your procedure twice with no joy. I am still not able to download local files from my laptop to my iPhone. Thanks anyway.

Bill

Hi @whs7101

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since the issue you mention is a bit different from the original post's topic, we suggest that you create a new thread here. We'll be happy to help you there. 

Have a nice day!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Mihail,
Thanks. That did not work however. It works when the phone is connected to the Wifi but not through the mobile network, which, as mentioned in the original post, worked for years.
Cheers

Hey @adwef,

Thanks for the reply.

On your phone, go to Spotify settings > Devices > make sure show Local devices only is switched OFF.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator

Hi,

No that did not work.

Thanks

Hey @adwef,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try logging in with a different account on your phone and computer, and check whether you get the same behavior.

This will help us check if the issue is connected to your account or the phone.

Keep us posted 🙂

AlexModerator

Suggested posts