Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Did they really get rid of the alphabetical list?

Did they really get rid of the alphabetical list?

Just wondering if anyone knows if they are bringing back the artist sorting by alphabetical? Like soon? If not I will be switching to Apple Music. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Premium Plan

Canada

Device

(iPhone 😎

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.1)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Hey @Lajo12345 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hello,

You can sort artists by alphabetical order by going to the filters button beside the seach field at the top of the artists tab and select "Artists." Hope this helps.

You can only sort artists that you "follow" alphabetically.  Doesn't work if you don't follow any artist like me.  Very annoying, I don't want to follow any artist because it is a dumb feature in my opinion.  

Yes, that's true, I should have mentioned that this only works for artists you're following. 

Yep. Could take the rest of the awful changes but this negatively impacts on my ability to use this app. Imagine running a music app and taking away a commonly used way of navigating a library and/or listening to music. Massive L

A really (and I mean really) tedious workaround for this would be to sort your songs by artist, and go and follow each artist manually. It might be worth doing this for artists you listen to a lot until Spotify (hopefully) reverts this change. 

Indeed. I’m not sure I want to give them the satisfaction nor the time though as I think part of the reason for the change is to force us to follow things (as opposed to being dumb and not realising the implications of the changes). Better to moan repeatedly 😉

I’d rather just follow every artist then unfollow  all of them after they fix this issue.  Cannot believe that this got through.  

Suggested posts