Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Did they roll out the terrible features from their desktop app to their mobile app?

Did they roll out the terrible features from their desktop app to their mobile app?

For a while now, the desktop app has had this terribly designed feature when you go to YOUR OWN LIBRARY and click and artist in YOUR LIBRARY, it just brings you to the bands general page. So you can't just throw on all the tracks you've saved from a particular band without making a separate playlist, for I guess every band you listen to, which you then have to manage separately.

This is now happening on my app as well. Can I just say, what in the **bleep** is this?

I can't even fathom the stupidity required to take away a feature that has existed on every music playing app and every MP3 player for OVER TWENTY GOD DAMNED YEARS. You **bleep**ing **bleep** know why it is there? BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS IT LIKE THAT.

Spotify must have the only group of developers that consistently make their UI worse and worse over time. The fact that all these people continue to even have jobs is mind boggling.

Man I was pretty high on spotify for while, but it's time for me to cancel my premium. This company is a joke, and their shitty developers continue to just make the customer experience as frustrating as they possibly can.

3 Replies

Couldn’t have said it any better. I just got this feature rn and it is the most bleeping stupid thing to ever exist, it is so aggravating. Spotify is getting worse and worse and if they do not fix this simple feature back to how it was I will be switching to Apple Music 

Hey there @not_a_username and @Hkeller4,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation 🙂

Our developers have been made aware of this issue and are already looking into it. For full info we'd recommend checking out this ongoing issue thread and following the instructions in the Status Update.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need helps with!

Stay safe and have a great day ahead.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Everything. In. This. Post. Think about all the negative changes their dev team has made all so that we can....wait for it.....listen to podcasts. Meanwhile, we had to go follow every artist we listen to just to alphabetize our artist page, we lost the A-Z scroll, the "recently played" section on mobile, and now we can't even LISTEN by artist. I'm not sure if it's the people telling the devs what to do or the devs themselves, but somebody needs to be fired. Next major slip up I'm out.

Suggested posts